Peppermint shrimp, which one?

heystopthatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have made some posts on my Aiptasia issue and I’ve finally come to a conclusion to get either lysmasa boggessi or lysmasa wurdemanni. I just have some concerns though.

#1, I have tons of algae and have a high magnesium from this to help elimination. So will they be okay with almost 1500ppm magnesium and tons of brown hair algae flowing around?

#2, how many of the lysmasa boggessi/wurdemanni should I get for my 100 gallon? Also which one should I get for my Aiptasia problem?

#3, are these shrimp entirely compatible with other fish, high flow, and other inverts?

Thanks.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turbo snails can help with algae. Try some shrimp for the aptasia. A nudibranch could help with the problem too. Or a file fish. CBB is also good

OP
OP
H

heystopthatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turbo snails can help with algae. Try some shrimp for the aptasia. A nudibranch could help with the problem too. Or a file fish. CBB is also good
Im getting lots of inverts next week for algae issues. I would like nudibranches but they are pretty darn expensive and just die instantly without Aiptasia and I’m about to move rocks around the tank so I don’t wanna be touching those guys. I tried with a filefish for Aiptasia and that thing died 10 mins after acclimation so that sucked, and I also think Cbb is to advanced for me but thanks for the suggestions.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back