OP
OP
Joe Rice

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copying here just so it doesn't get lost again.

Justin Credabel's hydrogen peroxide dipping guidelines

Tolerance
Dip 5 minutes Milliliters of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% to Liters of Seawater Type of Cnidarian

Low 20-40ml
Acropora (tolerance varies widely among species), Montipora, Astreopora, Duncanopsammia, Turbinaria, Galaxia, Cyhpastrea, (*Alveopora)(**Hydnophora) Echinophyllia, Mycedium, Oxypora, Tubastrea,

Low/Med 50-70ml
Pocillopora, Seriatopora, Stylophora, Caulastrea, Clavularia, Pachyclavularia, Sympodium, Cespitularia, Yellow Leathers, Pachyceris, Echinpora, Leptoseris, Pectinia, Psammacora

Medium 80-120ml
Porites, Xenia, Brown Leathers, Pavona, Fungiids, Heliofungia,

Med/High 130-200ml
Goniopora, Favia, Favites, Goniastrea, Platygyra, Leptastrea, Blastomussa, Cynarina, Physogyra, Plerogyra, Symphyllia, Sinularia, Corallimorpharian (Mushroom Anemone)

High 210-350ml
Zoanthids, Palythoa, Scolymia, Acansthstrea, Micromussa, Lobophyllia, Euphyllia, Catalaphyllia, Trachyphyllia,

Coral can be dipped longer in a lower concentrate solution. ? concentrate for up to 20 minutes for deep, persistent algae or bacterial infections, or necrotic areas.

Last edited:

BeachBumTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tolerance
Dip 5 minutes Milliliters of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% to Liters of Seawater Type of Cnidarian

Low 20-40ml
Acropora (tolerance varies widely among species), Montipora, Astreopora, Duncanopsammia, Turbinaria, Galaxia, Cyhpastrea, (*Alveopora)(**Hydnophora) Echinophyllia, Mycedium, Oxypora, Tubastrea,

Low/Med 50-70ml
Pocillopora, Seriatopora, Stylophora, Caulastrea, Clavularia, Pachyclavularia, Sympodium, Cespitularia, Yellow Leathers, Pachyceris, Echinpora, Leptoseris, Pectinia, Psammacora

Medium 80-120ml

Med/High 130-200ml
Goniopora, Favia, Favites, Goniastrea, Platygyra, Leptastrea, Blastomussa, Cynarina, Physogyra, Plerogyra, Symphyllia, Sinularia, Corallimorpharian (Mushroom Anemone)

High 210-350ml
Zoanthids, Palythoa, Scolymia, Acansthstrea, Micromussa, Lobophyllia, Euphyllia, Catalaphyllia, Trachyphyllia,

Coral can be dipped longer in a lower concentrate solution. ? concentrate for up to 20 minutes for deep, persistent algae or bacterial infections, or necrotic areas.
Any clue on Leptastrea?

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tolerance

Low 20-40ml

Low/Med 50-70ml

Medium 80-120ml

Med/High 130-200ml

High 210-350ml

Any guidelines for dipping algae infested Green Star?

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tolerance

Low 20-40ml

Low/Med 50-70ml

Medium 80-120ml

Med/High 130-200ml

High 210-350ml

And we should always rinse it well before placing it back in the tank right?

OP
OP
Joe Rice

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any guidelines for dipping algae infested Green Star?
Green Star Polyps are in the genus Pachyclavularia, so it looks like they'd be in the Low/Med category.

And we should always rinse it well before placing it back in the tank right?

I usually give them a quick rinse in tank water before putting them back in the tank. I don't obsess about it as a bit of H₂0₂ in the tank doesn't seem to do any harm.

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Star Polyps are in the genus Pachyclavularia, so it looks like they'd be in the Low/Med category.

I usually give them a quick rinse in tank water before putting them back in the tank. I don't obsess about it as a bit of H₂0₂ in the tank doesn't seem to do any harm.
Thanks.

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any thoughts on dipping common mushrooms?

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any thoughts on dipping common mushrooms like these ones in H2O2?

20210223_181042.jpg 20210223_181113.jpg

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And will it help in removing the green build-up on the skelton of the meat coral to help it recover? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210221_170401.jpg
    20210221_170401.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 60

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'd dip it up to the flesh, but not above it.

or target apply with a dropper, around the flesh but not on it, focusing on the target portions like a dentist would do to avoid gums.

w the coral sitting on the counter in the air

there aren't many times a dip will beat precision, targeted dentistry/reef dentistry because a dip temporarily challenges the non target surfaces and with a dentistry approach, for really bad algae areas we can use a tool/metal/knife tip to precision score/remove all growths first, back to clean, and then target peroxide on the clean spots only as a growback killer. very powerful mod on peroxide surgery right there, we've been doing it this way for years in work threads.

look what we did there. not a drop was added to those reefs, the water, no dips, but the reefs transformed overnite via reef dentistry and substrate blasting.

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'd dip it up to the flesh, but not above it.

or target apply with a dropper, around the flesh but not on it, focusing on the target portions like a dentist would do to avoid gums.

w the coral sitting on the counter in the air

there aren't many times a dip will beat precision, targeted dentistry/reef dentistry because a dip temporarily challenges the non target surfaces and with a dentistry approach, for really bad algae areas we can use a tool/metal/knife tip to precision score/remove all growths first, back to clean, and then target peroxide on the clean spots only as a growback killer. very powerful mod on peroxide surgery right there, we've been doing it this way for years in work threads.

look what we did there. not a drop was added to those reefs, the water, no dips, but the reefs transformed overnite via reef dentistry and substrate blasting.
Hi Brandon429, thank you very much... will give it a try.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back