OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came home to another delivery, thank you @seaplane!

20190426_173008.jpg

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth, I have another question about the abx. I used my last dose of Furan-2 last night, I had ordered more a few days ago but it hasn't been delivered yet. I checked the shipping and it's not getting here until Tuesday so I jumped online and ordered more that will be here tomorrow. Any issue with missing a dose? The triple sulfa did arrive yesterday so she only missed one dose of that

reefgall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each morning they both look a little better, I'm always concerned when I check on them but my fears quickly subside when I see them swimming around eating
you're doing everything you can for them and more! they wouldn't have made it much longer at Petco, you're actually providing them with the care they needed all along. so if anything does happen (which I hope it doesn't), you know you did everything possible for them. MORE than Petco. By the looks of the recovery I think they'll be just fine since they made it this far!!!! you can tell they appreciate you helping them just by them fighting to get better :) .

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in. Looking good. I am sure it has eaten up lots of your time as well as money. It’s awesome, those guys are truly going to be your pet hopefully for a long time.

I saw other shipping supplies and other things. Some of us “older” reefers may have some equipment around we may be able to donate. Also, I think if able, and ONLY able pm him. See if we can purchase something online to ship to him or send old equipment not in use.

Great supportive posts are just as good. If so, pm so it would be private

I’ll also think of a good giph like save the tangs would be cool logo. I am sure there is a grand master Gipher that can help @Salty Lemon

43871BB3-0C35-462B-B08D-3D89CFDE1A3B.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in. Looking good. I am sure it has eaten up lots of your time as well as money. It’s awesome, those guys are truly going to be your pet hopefully for a long time.

I saw other shipping supplies and other things. Some of us “older” reefers may have some equipment around we may be able to donate. Also, I think if able, and ONLY able pm him. See if we can purchase something online to ship to him or send old equipment not in use.

Great supportive posts are just as good. If so, pm so it would be private

I’ll also think of a good giph like save the tangs would be cool logo. I am sure there is a grand master Gipher that can help @Salty Lemon

43871BB3-0C35-462B-B08D-3D89CFDE1A3B.gif
Love it!

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth, I have another question about the abx. I used my last dose of Furan-2 last night, I had ordered more a few days ago but it hasn't been delivered yet. I checked the shipping and it's not getting here until Tuesday so I jumped online and ordered more that will be here tomorrow. Any issue with missing a dose? The triple sulfa did arrive yesterday so she only missed one dose of that

Should be ok, just keep doing what you can!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No ammonia? He does look pretty red... he might need antibiotics after all :/
He looked great until tonight, no ammonia on the alert badge at all this whole time, no nitrates, stable salinity, etc. I have the triple sulfa and enough Furan-2 left for 5 gallons if you think I should start him

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I give him a fwd?

Maybe to confirm the flukes are truly gone.. I was actually thinking fungus cure bath might be a good idea if he hasn’t had one recently.

I do think I would start the antibiotics, too.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back