OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I would worry about a second bath quite yet... just give it some time and see how they do.
Thank you, I want to do everything I can but I also don't want to over do it and end up killing them with the treatments

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dropped the temp to about 73(room temp) based on the salvage protocol, should I leave it there or bring it back up?
Maintain Steady temperature. 73 is quite low. Plenty of oxygen, FW dip and liquid vitamins and teramyacin or similar will be a good start

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maintain Steady temperature. 73 is quite low. Plenty of oxygen, FW dip and liquid vitamins and teramyacin or similar will be a good start
The freshwater dip has been done, I dropped the temp based on the article @Big G shared from Humblefish about last ditch efforts to save a fish to try to get them through the first night. I slowly ramped the temp back up to 76 today. For now I'm feeding pe mysis and nori, selcon is on the way from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. So far they're both doing better. I have an air pump delivering quite a bit of air and I added pure oxygen last night until my tank ran out

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The freshwater dip has been done, I dropped the temp based on the article @Big G shared from Humblefish about last ditch efforts to save a fish to try to get them through the first night. I slowly ramped the temp back up to 76 today. For now I'm feeding pe mysis and nori, selcon is on the way from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. So far they're both doing better. I have an air pump delivering quite a bit of air and I added pure oxygen last night until my tank ran out
way to go. Sounds like you have followed advice and are on top of it. Hopes for success

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many people would do what you are doing for these fish. For some reason people don’t see fish as pets or think the don’t have personalities “they just swim around”. Every fish I’ve had as a personalities (IMO). I had a McCosker Wrasse that was the smallest in the tank. My daughter named him Rocky because he claimed one end of the tank. He had no problem chasing off the fish, especially the Tang. It was so funny because every time he did, he would swim back and forth over his territory and flash. He thought he was king of the tank. Reminded us of the scene where Rocky finally made it up the stairs and started jumping around[emoji4]
Good luck!!!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to a hungry blue tang swimming around for the first time. The yellow tang is continuing to looking better too.

20190414_084719.jpg

20190414_084715.jpg

20190414_084916.jpg

Back