OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only good news tonight, everyone who's left is still alive!

@ngoodermuth, I did take a different path in treating my clown. I left her in clean saltwater to recover after she seemed to be doing poorly in copper, she seemed better at first but then started breathing heavily again and her gills started looking swollen. Fearing an infection and the ich I already know she had, I started her on cp and also added MB, Furan-2, and triple sulfa 3 days ago (I found a post by humble to confirm all these meds were safe together before dosing). I'm happy to say that she's doing much better now and the swelling seems to be going away. I'm planning on running all these for 10 days and moving her to a sterile 5 gallon qt afterwards. Her boyfriend is the only other fish in the treatment with her because I figured it would reduce her stress being with him even though he was doing ok in copper

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our baby!

20190613_164427.jpg

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth I lost another fish today in the copper treatment that seemed to be doing fine, my male maroon clown. The copper is at 1.94 and I've been dosing biospira once or twice per day. I don't see any signs of infection, rapid breathing, or anything else that looks off to me. Should I just go ahead and start treating the tank with antibiotics? Is there anything else that I'm missing here that you can think of?

582149746.jpg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth I lost another fish today in the copper treatment that seemed to be doing fine, my male maroon clown. The copper is at 1.94 and I've been dosing biospira once or twice per day. I don't see any signs of infection, rapid breathing, or anything else that looks off to me. Should I just go ahead and start treating the tank with antibiotics? Is there anything else that I'm missing here that you can think of?

582149746.jpg

How much longer are they supposed to be in copper yet?

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

20190614_075626.jpg
:)

582149746.jpg
:(

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought it up slow after I dropped it back down, I was at 1.48 on the 8th, 1.58 on the 9th, 1.77 on the 10th, and 1.94 on the 11th

I think Kanaplex preemptively would be a smart move, considering they still have a while to go and had two parasites to contend with. Make sure you keep it running a full 10 days, if anything changes (symptoms worsen) you can add furan-2 as well and go as long as 14 days.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Kanaplex preemptively would be a smart move, considering they still have a while to go and had two parasites to contend with. Make sure you keep it running a full 10 days, if anything changes (symptoms worsen) you can add furan-2 as well and go as long as 14 days.
Ok, I'll do that. Thank you so much for your help

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I can start a build thread soon for Baby Dory's new home, the 120 Joe ordered for me was broken along with two other tanks in shipping. He should have a replacement next week
All this waiting for a broken tank. I cannot wait for Dory's build thread.:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back