OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did... my mandarin never had symptoms of ich, so I figured starving was the bigger threat. Since she was in her own tank it didn’t hurt to wait, but you have to be EXTRA careful about cross-contamination between the dragonet tank and the other QT/DT.

And, make sure you don’t put the rock right back in your display after. Once you pull it, it will have to go fallow before it can be reused. Or re-cured, depending on your risk aversion ;)
Now I'm thinking about one other thing, I'm going end up reintroducing flukes, can pods survive hypo?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm thinking about one other thing, I'm going end up reintroducing flukes, can pods survive hypo?

What about doing a fenbendazole bath en transit to the new QT? @Frtdrmrose7 has more experience with prazi-resistant flukes, he might have some other ideas.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can remember your equipment on hand dont you have 2 5 gallon tanks?

@ngoodermuth would TTM be an option for the dragonet?

Yea, but he probably won’t eat much during it. Although mine didn’t eat during CP either, so I made sure she was nice and fat before starting. And I had nutrimar ova, which isn’t available anymore [emoji21]

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, but he probably won’t eat much during it. Although mine didn’t eat during CP either, so I made sure she was nice and fat before starting. And I had nutrimar ova, which isn’t available anymore [emoji21]
I haven't started the cp yet, I was trying to see if I can get him eating first

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about doing a fenbendazole bath en transit to the new QT? @Frtdrmrose7 has more experience with prazi-resistant flukes, he might have some other ideas.
I guess I could also use dry rock, biospira, and a couple bottles of pods

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I could also use dry rock, biospira, and a couple bottles of pods

Oh yea...that wouldn’t work with the rock from your display. Sorry, I have extra kids this week so my mind is fried lol.

Well, could maybe just wait until you are ready for CP... and instead of only removing the rock, transfer to a sterile QT for CP (makes treating with CP a little easier anyway) and do the bath then. Unless you think the flukes are causing issues for him, that’s a little more dicey with how relentless these particular flukes seem to be.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was, I think he was sensitive to the copper and I didn't catch it in time
So I’m confused... why treat a fish that’s not sick? I apparently missed something because I know you would never hurt a fish intentionally.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m confused... why treat a fish that’s not sick? I apparently missed something because I know you would never hurt a fish intentionally.
I ended up with Prazi resistant flukes in my dt also, I already knew that I was managing ich so I decided to try and take of both. It is easy to get lost when a thread gets this long lol

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea...that wouldn’t work with the rock from your display. Sorry, I have extra kids this week so my mind is fried lol.

Well, could maybe just wait until you are ready for CP... and instead of only removing the rock, transfer to a sterile QT for CP (makes treating with CP a little easier anyway) and do the bath then. Unless you think the flukes are causing issues for him, that’s a little more dicey with how relentless these particular flukes seem to be.
The flukes should be gone now, all the fish have been through two baths of fenbendazole. If I set up a fresh tank with dry rock and bottled pods the only parasite I should have to worry about is ich (hopefully anyways)

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another alternative for the mandarin would be to set up the sterile tank now with a bottle of pods and let them populate it for the next two weeks. Then do TTM with the mandarin for the next two weeks and feed live baby brine. Then transfer to the clean tank that's set up previously.

Only works if you are absolutely certain you have nothing other than ich to deal with. Also gets the mandarin back to eating quickly after treatment.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have good news and bad news. I came home and found I lost my other cardinal:(The good news is that baby Dory is still doing very well and I set up a 5 gallon tank for the scooter blenny with a dry rock and a bottle of pods and saw him swim a little for the first time in days munching up some snacks

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have good news and bad news. I came home and found I lost my other cardinal:(The good news is that baby Dory is still doing very well and I set up a 5 gallon tank for the scooter blenny with a dry rock and a bottle of pods and saw him swim a little for the first time in days munching up some snacks
:(

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back