PH Not Reading?

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up an Apex EL last weekend, been going well till last night. At 2:00 am my PH probe read 8.0 and stayed till 10 when I reset the apex and unplugged/plugged back in now its at 7.99 and wont move. Any suggestions?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up an Apex EL last weekend, been going well till last night. At 2:00 am my PH probe read 8.0 and stayed till 10 when I reset the apex and unplugged/plugged back in now its at 7.99 and wont move. Any suggestions?
Not got an Apex so just a wild shot, but are you reading a trigger point or something, and not the actual pH?

OP
OP
W

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I did a recalibration on the PH probe. After it was finished I cleaned off the probe and put it back in the 7 PH and 10 PH solution and got exact readings on both. Put the probe back in my tank and it went from the 8.00 it had been for 12 hours to 8.05 then started dropping down to 7.82 by midnight and that is where it has stayed since (9 hours from the time Im writing this). I dont have a fuge or an automatic doser so my PH should not be able to flat line. Think its a bad probe?

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I did a recalibration on the PH probe. After it was finished I cleaned off the probe and put it back in the 7 PH and 10 PH solution and got exact readings on both. Put the probe back in my tank and it went from the 8.00 it had been for 12 hours to 8.05 then started dropping down to 7.82 by midnight and that is where it has stayed since (9 hours from the time Im writing this). I dont have a fuge or an automatic doser so my PH should not be able to flat line. Think its a bad probe?
Your ph will drop at night. As well as with windows and more co2 being used not used around the tank. Could you use a pin point ph monitor or a back up to see if that is fluctuations you are having.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back