Ph Probe setup - MA911

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first ph probe to go with a used Neptune. It’s. A Milwaukee MA911. Question is, it came with a cap that had some liquid in it. Is this just a shipping solution? Do I pull the cap off and submerge the end of the unit in the aquarium? Do I need to clean it first?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first ph probe to go with a used Neptune. It’s. A Milwaukee MA911. Question is, it came with a cap that had some liquid in it. Is this just a shipping solution? Do I pull the cap off and submerge the end of the unit in the aquarium? Do I need to clean it first?

Yes. I learned the hard way that your probes must always stay wet. I would calibrate it with the included solution, rinse it in some old tank water, and install.

I had a PinPoint probe and meter. I let the probe dry out and it was junk after that.

The new one works perfectly.

OP
OP
Protodad

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t come with extra solution so I have some showing up tomorrow. Any reason I can’t put it in the tank now (to setup the Neptune) and calibrate tomorrow?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t come with extra solution so I have some showing up tomorrow. Any reason I can’t put it in the tank now (to setup the Neptune) and calibrate tomorrow?

Can you set up the Neptune with an uncalibrated probe?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%

Back