Photographers I need your help!!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently,less than a week ago,bought a Canon EOS 7d and im still learning how to use all of the features of it.

This morning I was attempting to take top down shots of my tank and the shots turned out like I wanted,on the camera. The White Balance was perfect on my camera,all of the colors were perfectly clear. I upload it to the pc and the pics look like I have 15 Blue Reefbrite strips running along with 45 ATI Blue Plus T5's. This is straight from the camera to pc,no editing was done to them.

I took pics with my Canon Powershot s90 to show actual colors of what was suppose to be photographed.

Canon EOS 7d

Zoasandflower007CR2.jpg

Zoasandflower008CR2.jpg

Zoasandflower011CR2.jpg

Zoasandflower015CR2.jpg

Canon Powershot s90

Zoas004CR2.jpg

Zoas003CR2-1.jpg

Zoas008CR2.jpg

Can someone tell me what is wrong or what im doing wrong?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm still learning myself but for antinic i go with the highest ISO aperture priority mode and adjust to what comes out good..

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7d pictures were NOT actinic it just looks like they were when I put them on the pc. All of the above pics were taken under the EXACT same lighting,with differant cameras.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes im shooting in raw,but so was the Powershot s90

All of the setting were equal on both cameras.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm do the cameras have the same image sensor/s?

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on the sensors. The picture is NOT blue on the screen of the 7d but on the pc it is.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there and auto setting on the new camera that you forgot to turn off?
or may be the software using to convert to jpg is doing something different because it may be a different cannon raw codec with the new camera

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is something with the transferring from camera to pc,but im not sure what. Because their is no blue shown up in the pics on my camera but on the pc it looks like it is coated in blue.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah just remembered something.. cant remember who but someone was complaint about importing photos from their cannon being a PITA because of the software bundled with the camera doing stupid stuff.

are you importing directly from the camera via usb or taking the card out and copying it that way?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
screw that..

take the card out and import the photos that way..

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,this is the 1st problem ive ran into doing it this way for the past 5+years. Is there any advantage to putting the card directly in the pc and copying that way?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,this is the 1st problem ive ran into doing it this way for the past 5+years. Is there any advantage to putting the card directly in the pc and copying that way?

Try it. I will eliminate a possible problem.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When shooting in RAW, any changes you make to the white balance won't be reflected in the RAW images. If you set it so that you're capturing in RAW + L then you'll capture RAW format without any adjustments as well as a jpeg with the white balance correction. The RAW format requires you to use photo editing software to make any changes to the white balance. HTH

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOooo so I need to change it to RAW+L ?

If you want your changes to WB to be reflected int he image, then yes. By shooting in "RAW+L," it will actually capture 2 seperate images at the same time. One will be a JPEG format with the WB corrected, and the other will be a RAW image with no adjustments made. If you have CS5, lightroom, elements, etc. then shooting in RAW is the way to go and then you can adjust the WB afterward.

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want your changes to WB to be reflected int he image, then yes. By shooting in "RAW+L," it will actually capture 2 seperate images at the same time. One will be a JPEG format with the WB corrected, and the other will be a RAW image with no adjustments made. If you have CS5, lightroom, elements, etc. then shooting in RAW is the way to go and then you can adjust the WB afterward.
+1 to this

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back