OP
OP
S

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to rebuild it as a standalone unit. Having the code tied in with the main controller ended up causing some problems.

Still waiting on some DACs for an apex output, before finishing up the PCB. Will be using a ESP32 and Arduino code. Mqtt control.
20210326_200052.jpg

20210326_200121.jpg
20210326_200105.jpg

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to rebuild it as a standalone unit. Having the code tied in with the main controller ended up causing some problems.

Still waiting on some DACs for an apex output, before finishing up the PCB. Will be using a ESP32 and Arduino code. Mqtt control.
20210326_200052.jpg

20210326_200121.jpg
20210326_200105.jpg
I see you switched over to the DC KFS pumps from the standard NKP pumps, did you get an appreciable accuracy boost from those?
And kudos for the clean setup, didn't even think of abusing a syringe like that instead of ordering the expensive adapter

OP
OP
S

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you switched over to the DC KFS pumps from the standard NKP pumps, did you get an appreciable accuracy boost from those?
Always had stepper motors for fill and reagent. NKP only for drain in the original version. Haven't had the chance to fully test the KFS out yet. Will let you know when I do.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always had stepper motors for fill and reagent. NKP only for drain in the original version. Haven't had the chance to fully test the KFS out yet. Will let you know when I do.
Ah alright, may have mixed things up then, but yeah let me know. Hows the sound of the KAS with the TMC driver btw, i was about to order that exact pump with the tmc 2209 driver before i got busy with other things. Does it stop the squeal from hell that pump produces in other devices like this?

OP
OP
S

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the sound of the KAS with the TMC driver btw
Motor whine is pretty good. The rollers are more "clicky/noisy" then the KCM steepers on the last version. The original version used tmc2100's drivers. They were quite nice also. Currently using the tmc 5160-BOB and controlling it via the on board motion controller.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Motor whine is pretty good. The rollers are more "clicky/noisy" then the KCM steepers on the last version. The original version used tmc2100's drivers. They were quite nice also. Currently using the tmc 5160-BOB and controlling it via the on board motion controller.
Good in the sense of nicely quieted down, or good in the sense of impressively loud lol

OP
OP
S

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good in the sense of nicely quieted down, or good in the sense of impressively loud lol
Motor whine is reasonably quite. The click from the rollers is some what loud. But realative to the KFS! Hmm you be the judge:

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Motor whine is reasonably quite. The click from the rollers is some what loud. But realative to the KFS! Hmm you be the judge:

Ah :) Thank you very much. If that video sound is at all comparable to the videos of the KH keeper (and your description of "reasonably quite" compared to people telling me they heard an ufo landing in their living room across the whole house) that's a HUGE improvement for the KAS pumps lol

Slight side note, firefox really hated the way those videos are uploaded, disabling all addons wasn't enough, had to shut off firefox's own tracking protection too (in a seperate environment ofc) before anything would load

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange. I use firefox and it loaded fine. How old is your version?
86.0.1 and 87.0. Unless i turn off all addons and additionally firefox's internal enhanced tracking protection, i just get a white page and "cannot load facebook SDK". Never had to turn the firefox thing off ever before, not even on facebook itself

dlambs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after reading through this multiple times to make sense of it, I am all over the concept and design of yours specifically. I hope to see it "finished" and maybe get the opportunity to recreate or make my own improvements in the future

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SDchris any update on how this tester is coming along? I really like the mechanical construction you've used. It looks compact and tidy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back