0   0   0
bump_zpsd30545d0.gif

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the nicest acropora in it's heyday.. Gotta be someone still holding on to a piece.

OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the nicest acropora in it's heyday.. Gotta be someone still holding on to a piece.
Its surprising how none of the classics seem to get much love, always chasing the newest greatest it seems. I am trying to acquire mostly what i had in the past, pink tip, gc efflo, etc. Found some but others are a bit tuff to find.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all talking about the FragFarmer version? If you are ever at a show that RMF is going, I swear that I have seen Jared with this before.

Do not give up hope. The old school people are still around, they just don't post much since they don't need anything and hate to fight with the frontrunners and noobies. You might get a response or PM a few months from now - I hope that you do.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SR MVP Milli reminds me of the Snowcone Prostrata, a lot of similarities.

OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all talking about the FragFarmer version? If you are ever at a show that RMF is going, I swear that I have seen Jared with this before.

Do not give up hope. The old school people are still around, they just don't post much since they don't need anything and hate to fight with the frontrunners and noobies. You might get a response or PM a few months from now - I hope that you do.
Thanks, I have my way back favorites and would love to find them again. When I was in the hobby last the purple monster with white polyps was the rage. I have really only been able to find the $500 efflo so far.

And yes it was the fragfarmer

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it sucks that you just cant get some of the old school sps any more. Many of these corals had the awesome colors that the newer tenuis like HW, WD only have under blue led but the old school corals had the color under 6500k-20,000k lighting. Reay color without all blue lighting and was cheap compared to the $300 nubs of today.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyree Purple Monster is my most sought after coral. ...by far. I have a list a mile long of people who want frags.

The only old school one that I cannot find anymore is the Atlantis 24k Millepora and the Atlantis Banana Lokani... although there are some rumors of people having Banana Lokani.

I have Rogue Millepora that has done nothing for me in about three years... it is one of my nemesis corals. My other nemesis was Wet Thumbs Tierra Del Fuego, but it took off and I have one the size of a tea saucer now. Waiting for the Rogue and Atlantis Rosy Red Granulosa to do the same.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it sucks that you just cant get some of the old school sps any more. Many of these corals had the awesome colors that the newer tenuis like HW, WD only have under blue led but the old school corals had the color under 6500k-20,000k lighting. Reay color without all blue lighting and was cheap compared to the $300 nubs of today.
Yep, they used to look great under 14k-20k, but unfortunately, I don't know if there is much of a market for that anymore. On the other hand, I remember I had some tenuis back then that looked drab, but had crazy polyp extension, I wonder now what they would have looked like under blue led.

Last edited:
OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyree Purple Monster is my most sought after coral. ...by far. I have a list a mile long of people who want frags.

The only old school one that I cannot find anymore is the Atlantis 24k Millepora and the Atlantis Banana Lokani... although there are some rumors of people having Banana Lokani.

I have Rogue Millepora that has done nothing for me in about three years... it is one of my nemesis corals. My other nemesis was Wet Thumbs Tierra Del Fuego, but it took off and I have one the size of a tea saucer now. Waiting for the Rogue and Atlantis Rosy Red Granulosa to do the same.
That brings back some memories, I used to order a bunch of Atlantis stuff, was the main guy out there Ming? I did have the Loki

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back