Pick 3 Angels

What three large angels would you group if you could?

• Total voters

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pacific emperor, Red Sea regal and Caribbean rock beauty as my three angels. T’were I to add a fourth it would be the Arabian asfur. How’s that for NOT using your list LOL.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pacific emperor, Red Sea regal and Caribbean rock beauty as my three angels. T’were I to add a fourth it would be the Arabian asfur. How’s that for NOT using your list LOL.
Do you have any yellow tangs? I really like the rock beauty however I’m not sure if it would be war between them because of there colours.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any yellow tangs? I really like the rock beauty however I’m not sure if it would be war between them because of there colours.

I have a bunch of tangs, including a yellow. Also have a bunch of pyramid butterflies sporting yellow. Rock beauty ignores, and is ignored by, all of them. RB is tricky to acclimate though. I got mine (along with the regal) from a local reefer who had already done the hard work. Check out my build thread on the monster tank page (simons 450) if you want to see pictures.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of tangs, including a yellow. Also have a bunch of pyramid butterflies sporting yellow. Rock beauty ignores, and is ignored by, all of them. RB is tricky to acclimate though.
Ok perfect. That’s great news. Bali have managed to captive breed the Rock beauty, so I’m hoping that solves the issue of being tricky to acclimatize

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they? I thought the rock beauty was only found in the Caribbean? Maybe I’m mistaken.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they? I thought the rock beauty was only found in the Caribbean? Maybe I’m mistaken.
They have managed to captive breed a few others recently as well. They just did a blue angel as well. Hopefully a Queen angel is next.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fabutahoun you'll like this thread ;)

I guess there is something wrong here !

1578947219696.png

From The List I am picking, Imperator, Scribbled and Conspic.
I want to pick more than 3 !!

Last edited:

Sidvicious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Blueface Angel
2. Emperor Angel
3. Regal Angel (Only caveat, buggas are a pain to get acclimated)

Also is there anyone out there that has a color transformation of their Bluefaces? Would be wonderful if someone could post the different color morphs they go through.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a fowlr there are also always butterfly fish.
Most Have virtually no aggression to non conspecifics. Myriad of patterns from the Pakistani to hawaiian blue stripe. Much less prone to hlle, but a little more delicate to shipping and bacterial infections.
F414188A-8A1F-4E9E-BEA2-A5C992CCDE9D.jpeg

some species are a bit hard to get eating.
Agreed, in FOWLR tank or fish only tank, butterflies are good option, non aggressive, colorful, & active. I’d put the butterflies in first, angel’s second, tangs last. I’ve always sub a butterfly or foxface in my tank for my yellow coloration, instead of a yellow tang. As for butterflies in my tank, I had a Tinkers, Mertens, Klein’s, Longnose, & Burgess in my tank. I’ve had the Roaps butterflies, they’re hardy. I’ve had Declivis, Flavocoronatus ,Mitratus, not all together, but over the years. I stay away from the corallivore butterflies, leave them on the reef.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bali Aquarich just bred them, they’re breeding a lot of angels. Haven’t heard if they’re breeding them consistently, hopefully they will

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
How hard was it to get him to eat? I read that they have problems adapting to aquarium life because of the food. I’ve started thinking about this fish a bit more since they managed to captive breed it
They are difficult fish to get to eat. Once they are eating well, they eat everything. Mine favor pellets over frozen so it is easy to keep them healthy. Small fish QT in natural environment to get them start is best. Very slow growing Angel and of course exceptionally beautiful.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a large Queen (8”) a transitioning Emporer and a transitioning French angel. For the most part everyone gets along great. A big tank is require with limited soft/lps corals with these guys.
What size is your tank?

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T

They are difficult fish to get to eat. Once they are eating well, they eat everything. Mine favor pellets over frozen so it is easy to keep them healthy. Small fish QT in natural environment to get them start is best. Very slow growing Angel and of course exceptionally beautiful.
Bali have now managed to captive breed them. That should make having this beautiful a lot easier

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back