Picking out a blenny!

mfinley24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a newer BioCube 32 and so far no fishy inhabitants. I'm just working on my stocking list. I know I definitely want a blenny but I'm trying to decide which one: starry, lawnmower, or Midas!

I do plan on getting a goby so I'm not sure if this is a factor but I'm thinking a watchmen for the goby (probably a diamond or yellow) although the type of goby isn't set in stone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which blenny especially if I have a goby in my tank?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The diamond goby also gets fairly large for a small tank and they do better with a lot more sand than a 30g can provide (though all of mine have readily taken to eating LRS).

I'd second the recommendation of the tailspot blenny; lots of character, active, and a unique look that I love.

OP
OP
mfinley24

mfinley24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely take a look at tail spots! Thanks for the suggestions! How about bicolor?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a midas and he's an awesome guy. Just moved him into my 32g biocube this weekend. My royal gramma is pretty unimpressed so far....

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Starry Blenny in an old 30g tank and it grew too big and aggressive for me so I had to give it away. I currently have a few panamic barnacle blennies in my 10g nano and they're pretty cool lol. I also like the look of Pictus Blennies (Live Aquaria have em sometimes) but I heard to be cautious when housing anything within the Ecsenius family... genus(??)... Ill just say section of blennies with sps coral.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back