pico build

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get into the hobby, but I have a limited budget. so I'm going to do a 2.5 gallon tank. Before u say that smaller tanks are more unstable, I know. i like a challenge. I promise I wont rage if it fails. i would like to do a zoa, a peppermint shrimp, and a neon goby. Would that be acceptable in a 2.5 gallon jar tank, like mad hatters reef, look up his pico desktop tank on youtube. would this work?

Peter C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's been done before it can be done again. So long as you are familiar with the specific challenges that come with pico reef builds I think you should be able to do it. If you like the challenge this will be a great way to test yourself! Enjoy and I hope it works out well for you!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldnt put fish or inverts into that small size tank.. I've seen it before, they just go back and forth between the 2 sides all day long, its so sad to watch.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with corals and get used to managing the water quality. After a bit add an invert or two and after a few weeks more add your small goby. Small tanks do require some getting used to and things can go bad fast. The slow start without fish will greatly reduce complexity until you have water change, light scheduling, heating all worked out.

OP
OP
death-by-reef

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was planning on using a reef breeder pico led, but are there any that u would suggest?
i got the reef breeder suggestion form jeff hesketh over @ saltwater aquarium radio. if you haven't seen that podcast yet u should check it out

Back