##### Picture Entry: BC RAINDROP ON ROSES GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 61701955-43F7-43A7-AAC4-63E38DE2576C.jpeg
    61701955-43F7-43A7-AAC4-63E38DE2576C.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 119

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

I have my December Entry! If I'm being honest it's not doing much. It's healthy, the pylops are out (when I'm not stabbing it with a ruler anyway) but it hasn't started growing yet. The temptation to move it is strong, but I'm going to be setting up another much larger tank soon, so I think that I'm going to leave it for now to minimize changes.
2022-12-24 RDOR DEC.jpg

Here it is in October:
2022-10-23 RDOR OCT.jpg

Would you move it? Less light? Or more light?

Whiskey

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lynn.reef.nerd

I have my December Entry! If I'm being honest it's not doing much. It's healthy, the pylops are out (when I'm not stabbing it with a ruler anyway) but it hasn't started growing yet. The temptation to move it is strong, but I'm going to be setting up another much larger tank soon, so I think that I'm going to leave it for now to minimize changes.
2022-12-24 RDOR DEC.jpg

Here it is in October:
2022-10-23 RDOR OCT.jpg

Whiskey
@lynn.reef.nerd

2022-12-24 RDOR DEC.jpg

Here it is in October:
2022-10-23 RDOR OCT.jpg

Whiskey
It’s definitely growing, but it does look like it could use a bit more light imo to help with growth and color. I’d not be worried about the upgrade assuming that’s another 3-4 months down the road that it’d be move. I only wouldn’t move it if the move was happening in less than a month or so.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely growing, but it does look like it could use a bit more light imo to help with growth and color. I’d not be worried about the upgrade assuming that’s another 3-4 months down the road that it’d be move. I only wouldn’t move it if the move was happening in less than a month or so.
That's my thought too, some of the other frags I got in the same order have more than doubled in size, but this one isn't as happy with it's spot. My feeling is that it needs more light as well because of how dark it is.

With any luck though, the upgrade is less than a month away. I'm hoping to pickup the new tank and install it in the same week while I have help in town. I might move this coral to the Frag Tank actually, then I can move it, but also give it some stability during the transition.

Thanks for the advice!
Whiskey

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec. Entry
@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102
@BranchingHammer

The frag got stressed and didn't do much after putting it on the coral gum. But about two weeks later it started encrusting again. The tank had other issues I have been trying to get corrected as well so it didn't help. I'm happy it continued to encrust and is replacing more of its brown coloration with a teal color - I hope it is a good sign and is progressing in the right direction. From the measurements, it hasn't grown any taller, but it appears some of the corallites are getting thicker.

PXL_20221227_173928798.jpg

A close-up. I'm getting more and more polyp extensions so I'm happy about that - it's nothing like when I first go it though but hopefully, it'll get there with time. I have to say that the coral gum is doing a great job. My Indo Bonsai has taken off and this piece is beginning to do the same. It took a while for it to begin encrusting but now that it is over the little ridge where the gum was attached, it's taken off. The growth past the ridge has been from the past week alone. I hope by next month's entry there won't be much of the coral gum left visible.
PXL_20221227_173737685.jpg

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a rough month for this tank. Three rounds of interceptor for some parasitic pods and lost power for a day on the coldest day on record here. (-28F without wind chill!)
Lost a couple of small red dragon frags and have some tissue recession on a few others. One of them being RDOR. On a positive note, after the interceptor, I have PE on acros that haven't been out in quite awhile!

December entry:
20221229_163435.jpg

@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102
@BranchingHammer

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m out you guys. Mine is struggling hard core with my tank move.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back