PNS Yello Sno and Pro Bio

accline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Algae Barn, they have some amazing products. I was wondering if anyone has used the Yellow Sno and Pro Bio in their tanks and what results they have seen from their use. I just put my first dose in my tank. Thanks for any insight in advance

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bump for any experienced users

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to give the ProBio stuff a try for some extra diversity, dropped in my first dose last night. Any updates for us @Crashnt24 ?

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my first dose of the bacteria this morning after I fed the fish. Do we need to keep buying this bacteria or can we just feed with snow to keep it going in our tanks?

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to give the ProBio stuff a try for some extra diversity, dropped in my first dose last night. Any updates for us @Crashnt24 ?
Is there a reason you dosed at night? The directions don’t say day or night but Dr. Tim recommends adding his bacteria with the lights on that’s why I dosed the bacteria in the morning. I will dose the snow after the lights are off as the directions say but I’m curious if adding the bacteria is better at night or day time?

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you dosed at night? The directions don’t say day or night but Dr. Tim recommends adding his bacteria with the lights on that’s why I dosed the bacteria in the morning. I will dose the snow after the lights are off as the directions say but I’m curious if adding the bacteria is better at night or day time?
Hi Jon,
Not really any specific reason other than I get up too early in the morning to deal with fish tank stuff so it's much more convenient for me to do things in the evening. I didn't see anything in the brief instructions indicating about dosing at night or day, I really don't think it would make much of a difference really but I could easily be wrong, I sure have been many times in the past! lol.

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my first dose of the bacteria this morning after I fed the fish. Do we need to keep buying this bacteria or can we just feed with snow to keep it going in our tanks?
Depends on what you're mainly using it for. If you're using it as a food (and particularly for its probiotic qualities), then you'll want to use PNS ProBio (the live component).

What’s the Difference Between PNS ProBio and PNS YelloSno?

Enhancing Coral Nutrition with Purple Non-Sulfur Bacteria

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

I stopped using pns after my 3rd dose. The morning after my 3rd dose of PNS many sps frags started to get STN... not sure if it was caused by the PNS but I'm not taking any chances. I didn't see any benefit to my corals or tank after dosing the first two times. I did two 50% water changes back to back and it stopped the STN.

So my review would be to save your money unless you know you have a bacteria problem and need to address it with dosing bacteria

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using pns after my 3rd dose. The morning after my 3rd dose of PNS many sps frags started to get STN... not sure if it was caused by the PNS but I'm not taking any chances. I didn't see any benefit to my corals or tank after dosing the first two times. I did two 50% water changes back to back and it stopped the STN.

So my review would be to save your money unless you know you have a bacteria problem and need to address it with dosing bacteria
Sorry to hear this. I have used bacteria products before and I kind of know what they can do. How many days did you wait between doses?

Back