PODs eating duncan VIDEO

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
10
Location
home
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t figure out why my Duncan is receding so I put my camera on it for 9 minutes with flow on and off throughout. Tiny pods like creatures are running around at the base and I think those are what is irritating it. Does anyone know what these are?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2779.MOV
    49.2 MB
Without seeing a video or picture?
,I would guess munnid isopods or ampripods
 
Get a possum wrasse. Your problem will be solved. Prepare for a whole lot of people to say that amphipods could never eat a healthy coral...
 
Can’t see the vid, but the OP sais it is receding, not healthy.
 
I just cropped the video to 1 second. Is there any other way to load a video? Photos aren’t clear enough to see them. So assuming Yang Yang is correct, is a wrasse the only way to get rid of them? I’ve been dealing with this happening to coral for the last 4 months and finally took a video and can see them.
View attachment 2803872
 
Added a link to my Dropbox
 
The video to the Dropbox was cropped from 9 minutes. I recorded with the flow on and off but didn’t watch the 5 minutes long enough to see whether the flow was on at that time. My flow is fine, params are fine, and this is a 10 yr tank.
 
You need more flow for the coral to remove waste and obtain oxygen. It is stressed. The isopods are just a natural part of your system and are not eating or stressing the coral.
 
Could they be anything other than pods. Like I said this is a mature tank and I’m not concerned about params, they are always spot on.
 
You need more flow for the coral to remove waste and obtain oxygen. It is stressed. The isopods are just a natural part of your system and are not eating or stressing the coral.
See my post above. I turned the flow off for the video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new