0   0   0
Your tank is stunning!!

tjclapp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating the OP to reflect the most current stuff.

Updated tank shot.
Room shot.jpg

Lighting: Aquatic Life Hybrid Fixture, 4x Radion G4 Pro
Flow: 2X Gyre 350 on a gimped BRS setting
Filtration: RO Classic 202s, NOPOX
Dosing: 2 Part ESV, Kore 5 doser

Absolutely stunning.... do you like a t5 hybrid setup better than just leds? Do you see better growth all around?

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a pretty tank! Could you take say 4 pictures from the front top, bottom, left, right? I want to see the corals but not up close. I am a newbie!

I'll get it on my to do list! I'm not sure if the side pictures will be that exciting though lol.

Your tank is stunning!!
Stunning mate and your pics are some really classy pieces of work :D
wow...very nice tank !

Thanks!

Adding this to my watch list.

Hopefully I won't disappoint :p. My updates tend to be sporadic.

Absolutely stunning.... do you like a t5 hybrid setup better than just leds? Do you see better growth all around?

Thanks! I wish I could answer more in-depth. This is the first time I've really enjoyed success with acros, so I'm not sure if I have a good basis of comparison. I can say that I do feel like my acros have more coverage with the combo of T5 and LEDs, and visually, the tank seems brighter with the T5s.

So far, I am enjoying the combo. If I were to change it up, I think I'd run the LED fixtures front to back, instead of side to side.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh. I learned something today lol.

Do you find that one or the other is easier to acclimate into tank life? Between the holo :cool: or the declivis?
No both of mine acclimated perfectly, they ate right after I drip acclimated them. If you want a perfect source for both of them, I have the guy !!!!!
A plus for both of them, they love aptasia. I had a serious issue with aptasia in my display. I tried everything. these 2 cleared out 1000's of aptasia in less than 3 weeks. And its stays clear of them now, and they do not bother my LPS, SPS, or any corals.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get it on my to do list! I'm not sure if the side pictures will be that exciting though lol.

Thanks!

Hopefully I won't disappoint :p. My updates tend to be sporadic.

Thanks! I wish I could answer more in-depth. This is the first time I've really enjoyed success with acros, so I'm not sure if I have a good basis of comparison. I can say that I do feel like my acros have more coverage with the combo of T5 and LEDs, and visually, the tank seems brighter with the T5s.

So far, I am enjoying the combo. If I were to change it up, I think I'd run the LED fixtures front to back, instead of side to side.
On the pictures, I meant from the front four quadrants. :)

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is a gimped brs setting? are you doing a wave back and forth or some pulse setting?

It's a setting that BRS did on one of their videos using just gyres. Someone here managed to replicate it to a degree using just the gyre controller versus Apex (which is how BRS did it).

No both of mine acclimated perfectly, they ate right after I drip acclimated them. If you want a perfect source for both of them, I have the guy !!!!!
A plus for both of them, they love aptasia. I had a serious issue with aptasia in my display. I tried everything. these 2 cleared out 1000's of aptasia in less than 3 weeks. And its stays clear of them now, and they do not bother my LPS, SPS, or any corals.

Aiptasia killer and healthy? Sign me up! I'll def reach out when I'm ready to take the plunge.

On the pictures, I meant from the front four quadrants. :)

Oh, got it!

Back