Poll: Calcium Reactor or Not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do You Use a Calcium Reactor - If Yes, How Many Gallons is Your Tank?

  • No

    Votes: 628 79.7%
  • Yes

    Votes: 72 9.1%
  • 50-120 gallons

    Votes: 59 7.5%
  • 121-200 gallons

    Votes: 42 5.3%
  • 201-300 gallons

    Votes: 42 5.3%
  • 301-400 gallons

    Votes: 19 2.4%
  • 400+ galloons

    Votes: 22 2.8%

  • Total voters
    788
I have a large sps dominated reef and use a calcium reactor. My experience is it's easier and safer to use than two part, especially in a high load system. I have had problems in the past with dosing pumps failing and/or operator error when using them. I think there is less chance for operator error using a calcium reactor. Make sure CO2 is flowing (bubble count or Ph) and affluent flow. I found the affluent flow is the trickiest, flow could "plug" up if flow is set really slow. Once I set my flow to a "steady flow" vs a "drop" flow I've never had an issue. Truly tune in and forget it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new