Votes: 230 65.2%

• Total voters

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it might be nice to honor our veteran's going in to this holiday weekend. Yes, I realize the meaning behind Memorial Day, but it's always good to say Thank You!

Let us know if you are a US Veteran so we can pay our thanks. I for one am eternally grateful for your service.

So, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it might be nice to honor our veteran's going in to this holiday weekend. Let us know if you are a US Veteran so we can pay our thanks. I for one am eternally grateful for your service.

So, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

It is worth pointing out that Memorial Day is not for veterans, it's for those who didn't come back. However, the thought is always appreciated! We are plenty happy having just Veteran's Day. (And please don't forget the oft-overlooked Armed Forces Day that is to celebrate those actively serving)

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is worth pointing out that Memorial Day is not for veterans, it's for those who didn't come back. However, the thought is always appreciated! We are plenty happy having just Veteran's Day. (And please don't forget the oft-overlooked Armed Forces Day that is to celebrate those actively serving)

I am well aware of that and appreciate your pointing it out. I actually just edited the OP to reflect that.

However, I try hard to never miss the opportunity to say thanks for those that have served or to those that are currently serving. :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am well aware of that and appreciate your pointing it out. I actually just edited the OP to reflect that.

However, I try hard to never miss the opportunity to say thanks for those that have served or to those that are currently serving. :)
I always thought a veteran was anyone who served in military service. Oh well, either way, thank you to those who serve, have served,and served but are no longer with us :)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the highest respect, I salute all my Brothers and Sisters who died while serving our great country.
la-na-memorial-day-20170529.jpg

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I will remember and honor my Grandfather and 6 of his brothers who went from Normandy to Berlin. Their stories inspired me as a child, they were a source of endless hours of awe and amazement around the campfire on our many hunting and fishing trips.

After I returned from 22 months in Vietnam he and his brothers were always there to help me get through the tough times afterword. I always had someone to talk to and get drunk with, someone who would listen fully understanding what I went through. They all live in my heart and their pictures hold a place of honor on my walls.

On Sunday I will host a gathering of men I have served with, the guest of honor is a Master Gunnery Sargent who served with me for 12 years, the last 5 as my personal aid, driver and body guard. I owe far more than my life to this man, he saved my sorry tail more times than I can count, he personally carried me 3 kilometers to an extraction site after I was seriously wounded in a firefight no one has ever heard of.

The men who will be attending this BBQ are beyond friends they are true brothers in arms, all of us lived in close quarters, slept in the same hole in the ground, stood back to back in battle knowing that each would give their life for the other.

Some gave it all and as long as one of us is still alive so will the memory of who they were and what they sacrificed.

As a nation and a people we have come a long way from being spit upon as I walked through the terminal in San Francisco after returning home from Vietnam. But we still have a very long way to go. Our Veterans are badly mistreated by the very organization that is supposed to help them, the Veterans Administrations unofficial motto is "Delay, Deny and we Hope you DIE". Yet we as Americans do nothing to demand change, we allow our corrupt politicians to send money and resources to foreign countries that hate America, they spend our hard earned money on bridges to nowhere and yet another study on the mating habits of flies. All the while there are veterans homeless on the streets in need of help.

Yes one day a year we honor those who served but what are you doing to help those who served the other 364 days a year? Who here has called, written and demanded from their local political leader that change is needed, the the VA is a self serving bureaucracy filled with far too many people who could care less about the men and women they are supposed to help?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back