Post your results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. 650g System
2. Reef Crystals
3. None, unless you count Kalk.
4. 10% a week.
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Why is the Lithium so high?

Gene

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you got the prescription of how to reset your params via Triton did they give you a set of directions on how many water changes to do based on your issues? If so I assumed you followed it and I can see how that wouldn't be a good start to starting with this method if the water changes didnt help. Makes me nervous that I want to start this method and am awaiting my test results after already ordering the Tropic Marin PRo to solve any issues. I wonder if the salt I am using would just be better to continue with, I guess ill know in a few weeks. Thanks for your comments.

Yes according to tritons error correction sheet I was suppose to do 4 10% weekly changes I did do two extra for a total of 6 but if I hadn't done any I probably would have been better off. I think the triton test are a great tool to show the changes in salt and if anything this just makes me feel stronger about how bad water changes can be. I would like a salt I can trust if the need for a water change should happen. I would use the Triton salt but if I did the recommended water changes with the triton pure salt it would have cost about $300 and that's just not practical.

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes according to tritons error correction sheet I was suppose to do 4 10% weekly changes I did do two extra for a total of 6 but if I hadn't done any I probably would have been better off. I think the triton test are a great tool to show the changes in salt and if anything this just makes me feel stronger about how bad water changes can be. I would like a salt I can trust if the need for a water change should happen. I would use the Triton salt but if I did the recommended water changes with the triton pure salt it would have cost about $300 and that's just not practical.
so I looked at both your first and second test and I could see how that is frustrating. Since you did more than the recommended water changes do you think that did any damage by increasing stuff to unwanted levels? I guess its pretty hard to tell how much 1 water change is going to increase a particular element. I only ask because it seems like after you did the 6 water changes the problems went from yellow to red in terms of deviation. Just a thought and maybe its just trial and error along with time to correct itself. Maybe by holding off on the water changes for a while some of these things will leave the tank on their own pretty quickly? How long after the WC's did you send the test in for new results? When do you plan on your next test sample?

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 64Ivy
1. 650g System
2. Reef Crystals
4. 10% a week.
Attachment 202038
Attachment 202045

Why is the Lithium so high?

Gene

No idea. Doesn't really seem to affect anything though so I'm trying not to sweat it.

Last edited:

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A test result from Europe...

1. Tank size.............................. 1000 liter (FOWLR)
2. Salt/salts used....................... Various
3. Additives dosed...................... Alk, Ca, iodine, vinegar
4. Frequency of water changes.... 10% every 2-3 months (usually tap water)
5. Notes................................... Rised Al levels from phosphate remover
6. Triton test results

ICP-PNY.jpg

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I looked at both your first and second test and I could see how that is frustrating. Since you did more than the recommended water changes do you think that did any damage by increasing stuff to unwanted levels? I guess its pretty hard to tell how much 1 water change is going to increase a particular element. I only ask because it seems like after you did the 6 water changes the problems went from yellow to red in terms of deviation. Just a thought and maybe its just trial and error along with time to correct itself. Maybe by holding off on the water changes for a while some of these things will leave the tank on their own pretty quickly? How long after the WC's did you send the test in for new results? When do you plan on your next test sample?

I don't think the extra two water changes did too much to change the result if I had a salt with natural seawater parameters it wouldn't have been a problem. The sample was sent in around two weeks after the last water change so if anything levels could have dropped slightly. I'm interested to see the next test to see what changes without interference from water changes. I'll also be starting the base elementz hopefully by this weekend so by the time I do the next test mid January it will be interesting to see what parameters that has an effect on.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. 650g System
2. Reef Crystals
4. 10% a week.
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

No mention about why there is copper showing in your reef? I have copper showing on my results at about double yours. Have you found a source? I'm still trying to find a source. Lost almost all acros.

I can't really contribute to the questions of the OP since I changed about 65% of my water prior to taking this test. But here's my results.

triton1_zpsd2e9855d.png

triton2_zps2c05e2d1.png

triton3_zpsab6e2aa6.png

triton4_zpsab377e60.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggreef
Your copper is a little high but your zinc and phosphate seem to be more of a problem than the copper according to Triton (indicated by the red + instead of yellow). Maybe someone knows how dangerous those levels are.

What salt did you use for the big water change ?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used red sea, since the beginning over 2 yrs ago. I'd like to know more about the zinc but I suspect that was coming from the reef energy red sea additives, which I basically stopped all together now. The po4 I know everyones so scared of it but its actually the lowest its been in over a year. I've had it as high as 1.3 and never had issues with anything but clams, which I suspect was from the zinc/copper.

Here's why I'm so worried about copper even though no one seems to think that it is an issue.... I have a ton of live rock in my system. Everyone knows copper binds to calcium. So my thoughts are I have been good for these last 2 years, while copper has been being added to the tank somehow, as the small amount of copper has been absorbed by the system, keeping my corals safe for a while... After 2 yrs of a continuous small addition of copper, now the rock, etc, has absorbed copper as much as it could. Now it has no where to be except in the water column. Now its going to continue building in the water column faster than I can get rid of it obviously, and keep slowly creeping up to where it effects everything not just acros. Not to mention even if I do figure out where its coming from, which doesn't seem promising at this point, Won't it just keep leeching from the live rock? This is of course, amateur reefer speculation. Nothing more.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it would be a good idea if your not planning on it already to send another sample for testing in a month or so without doing a water change to see if the copper is going up.

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Triton Test for 4 month old tank

1. Tank size = 200G
2. Salt/salts used = Red Sea Coral Pro
3. Additives dosed = ESV Bionic 2 Part, KZ Amino Acid, KZ Sponge Power
4. Frequency of water changes = once every two weeks
5. Triton test results

Triton1.jpg

Triton2.jpg

Triton3.jpg

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I starting to think a lot of this lithium that's showing up is because of 2 part additives.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it would be a good idea if your not planning on it already to send another sample for testing in a month or so without doing a water change to see if the copper is going up.

For now, I'm running cuprasorb in a reactor. Ordered another pump so I can run carbon again as I stole that reactor for the cuprasorb. I ordered the triton 4 part, triton detox, and a boatload of triton test. Expensive week for me, trying to save the rest of my tank.

I starting to think a lot of this lithium that's showing up is because of 2 part additives.

My lithium was fairly low comparatively, and I dose c-balance for almost 2 years.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. Mine lithium was 449 with ESV salt and 287 with TM Pro reef. I have never dosed 2 part or Kalk.

Didn't say all off it. In some instances, I think some of these high undesirables are likely from various 2 part additives. Esv is fairly popular and their salt tests high for certain elements. I assume their 2 part would as well.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn't say all off it. In some instances, I think some of these high undesirables are likely from various 2 part additives. Esv is fairly popular and their salt tests high for certain elements. I assume their 2 part would as well.

It certainly is a possibility, but I changed 100%+ of my water to TM Pro reef and still have high lithium so there are a number of possible explanations. Perhaps ESV, BRS and other two-part manufacturers source some component from the same place and that contributes. But if, as I understand, the TM is made in Europe, we would need to find another explanation for the 287 reading I got with it and no two-part. Is it in the water?

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Triton results

1. Tank size = 100G
2. Salt/salts used = Microbe-lift reef salts
3. Additives dosed = ESV Bionic 3 Part, KZ coral snow, KZ Sponge Power, Prodibio bioptim/biodigest, lugol's, Pohl's Xtra, KZ B-Balance
4. Frequency of water changes = once every two weeks 12G
5. Triton test results

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another test result from Europe...

1. Tank size.............................. 216 liter (Mixed reef)
2. Salt/salts used....................... Reef Crystals
3. Additives dosed...................... Alk, Ca, Mg, FM Balling light Trace elements, Fe, iodine, vinegar
4. Frequency of water changes.... 10% 1-2 times per month
5. Notes................................... Rised Al level from phosphate remover
.............................................. Rised Ca level from known overdose
.............................................. Rised Si from old Di media
6. Triton test results

ICP-PNY-ReefCube.jpg

Back