PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Threads that encourage people to post pictures ,though I more inclined to dig up old threads.

2. I'm more inclined to respond if someone asks a question and I think my response could make their reefing experience better.

3. Keep having giveaways and live sales even if they are small. It keeps people checking in daily to weekly because then there is something in it for themselves.

Frogg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
Interesting aquarium related animals, and new inventions designed to increase the hobbies pleasure.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
When they are discussing something Im passionate about, because recently bought, experienced, or have a gauged interest in.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
Archive older threads that arent stickied, require feedback but hadnt received any in months, and become off topic ( misleading titles). Also to have manufactures, vendor, or LFS require involvement regularly. Possibly highlight certain subject on a more regular basis. Similiar to BRSTV, they are great with the videos on a regular basis and provoke community action on subjects new and old.

Nathan Wu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Subjects I really like posting is if I have a problem, I always know where to ask. A bunch of experienced reefers are here to help a beginner like me.
2. Topics I like responding to is either there is a sale, or they have a question that I have an answer to. I barely do though.
3. I'm already motivated enough to answer a post threads and I think that the system in place is amazing.

TemDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
-Helpful do's and Don'ts with input from others for setting up my tank.

-Learning about new areas/disciplines on my journey in reefing.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
-Get more experienced reefers to be involved and respond in threads in a helpful, specific, and constructive way.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to stay active in the SPS forum and in general dosing and DIY.

Topics where people genuinely need help fast like the disease forum.

As others have said I think incentives whether it is giveaways or banners have done well.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to start threads on mostly chemistry & stability questions. At least at this time .
I also like to respond to topics on algae & chemistry mostly & on topics I have "experience" with sharing this with others. Oh Ya & the critter Id's they are very interesting. always something new.
As for what it takes for me to be more active? If I could win a 100 bucks . That would get going ! LOL Honestly if I knew more about something, I would respond more. I like the polls also and usually respond.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Enjoy posting DIY projects.

Queries in which I know the answers.

Convince my wife not to give me such a long honey-do list so that I could spend more time on R2R. :eek::rolleyes:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus complete.

Disaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

About trends i find interesting, like chalice or jawbreakers, but i lack the knowledge to start one to be honest.

At this time i search about jawbreakers (kryptonite) and chalice (3 colour) but also yumas and some rhodactis. Dont really like mushroom but admit i wouldnt mind one to be fair.

I already find many of the users valuable and informative, so participation of advanced or expert users in corals motivates me just fine.
Also, i would appreciate your opinion about Coral Growing Journeys, like at least in hot topics as mushroom, as i recall.

Initialr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Reviews on new products (equipment, additives, foods, etc)
-Life hack threads

-When I can add an experience/info or relate to topic

-Prize/free sample threads, special vendor discount

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
A. Obscure things.. Unusual fish kept successfully, nuances in SPS keeping, etc etc.

Q. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
A. Misinformation / Bad information.

Q. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
A. Much more hands on moderation. Way too many people are getting away with being jerks, which in turn makes me be a jerk to said jerks, because I don't like seeing people be talked down to for asking simple questions, or having different opinions.

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

I really haven’t created threads of any sort being new. I certainly would ask a question though.
Of course if the pertinent to where I am or what interest me. I also like build threads and reviews. I also like to read about new merchandise. Tips are great!!!

I don’t know .... give always. 10 threads equal to one frag kinda thing.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back