PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
I like creating new threads based on scientific research papers I have recently read in an effort to apply them to reefing.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
I enjoy helping new reefers the most.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
Install cattle prods in our chairs that deliver shocks if we go too long without posting.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

Everything about Chemistry and how it affects and influence the health of our Livestock.

Always interested in System builds, to get impressions and ideas of how tank systems are being done or can be done.

Usually issues that people report and where help is needed!
Also I like to respond to awesome tank builds where the folks put a lot of efforts into their tanks via DIY, highly respect that!

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

You guys are doing great already, it's just sometimes the threads are not being read since there are so many new ones coming up so quick, that it's hard to find them again after spotting them on the fly. Maybe the forums need some more sub forums for more specific sorting and archiving. In my case I do loose some interesting threads I liked to comment on, but can't find them back 2 days later, lol.

-Andre

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My posts are typically asking for assistance with a particular issue - as I am still fairly new <1 year with reef tanks.
I respond to threads that a) I can provide assistance with b) relate with or share similar experiences c) encourage others in their hobby
I don't that there is a particular thing - you want to motivate positive & meaningful contributions not just 'junk' posting or spamming. Perhaps consider a 'Contributor of the month' badge based on being helpful -- maybe a like a mini-'Excellent' badge. This would encourage quality over quantity -- also could expand to 'New Account' of the month / quarter...

SharkLaser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-- DIY topics that benefit the hobby community, even if they conflict with sponsor interest.

-- Interesting studies, related to difficult or previously unsolved problems in the hobby

-- Engage more with those who try to innovate in this hobby and be less concerned about how this will affect their relationship with a major sponsor.

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

Current 280 Gallon upgrade thread, design threads, equipment threads
Emergency issues, questions, and anything interesting
A review section with a weekly drawing for reviews submitted. Would love to see more product reviews and this would encourage others to do product reviews.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Nick Stone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I ask a ton of questions when I get into something. So most of my posts are random things I come across.

Anyone who has a question that I know an answer to because I have already made that mistake.

The articles generally get me to think about responding. More articles.

aquaalgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you creating threads or responding to threads?

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg
1. DIY stuff
2. New or Innovative stuff
3. Encourage pushing the boundaries

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I usually create threads when I have a question about an area I’m inexperienced in. This is usually about a specific fish species.

2. I respond to other member’s questions that I’m able to answer, threads about a new discovery or product I find interesting, and sometimes just to remark about someone’s beautiful tank.

3. I think more sub-categories within R2R would encourage more participation on my part. The new aquascape section has been a great example of this. I’d like to see the section on reef fishes get broken down as that’s a huge category.

vector824

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I created a thread about sumps because I couldn’t find a good one that showed all the different varieties that are out there. Basically a show off thread.

Show off, advice, and build threads are ones that I like to comment on.

The trophy/achievement idea is good, possibly banners showing you’re a go-to guy for certain subjects once you hit enough likes on a topic.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Asking reef-keeping (more on inhabitants and less than gear) questions. Vendor feedback
2. When people ask for help and have done some research on their own.
3. Moderators could flag posts they wish someone would answer. Like a curated "unanswered posts"

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back