PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
I really haven’t created any new threads. I would if I had a question that I needed help with.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
If I can help out at all. If it pertains to anything I’m working on. New interesting material or new product.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
Maybe a reward program? 10 threads one per week equals 1 frag.

BobbyBPG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

Tank builds, species-specific tanks ect.

Usually, if I am having issues with a tank or need identification on something and I find a post with similar problems.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

To be honest I feel like the giveaways are what motivates me most unless I have something really interesting happening in one of my tanks.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually am creating a thread about something I need help with, usually disease threatment! Don’t enjoy it but find the whole category is very educational. The folk who give advice are very thoughtful, considerate and helpful. They go above and beyond.

Anything that is out of the ordinary in a build or something written with thought and perhaps humor.

I struggle with plumbing and electrical stuff. Mostly figuring out the right fittings and better ways to do things. Electrically speaking, how to do led lighting simply explained like for cabinets, wiring for displays to dress them up etc.....

Echidna09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Advanced questions I dont know the answers to and think someone on R2R will know about. Things beyond the general Facebook audiences' knowledge. Also selling posts.

Questions for help, IDs, selling posts that I'm interested in.

Make it super easy, phone notifications, get a better app than tapatalk.

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I'm new to reefing, I have posted threads on advice on equipment list, and will soon post a thread on fish compatibility.

I enjoy reading other reefer's build threads and the DIY section. I also like the few threads I have found where people are testing out and comparing various methods of doing something (lowering nitrates, starting beneficial bacteria colonies, etc.) with multiple tanks at once & a control to see the most efficient way (bot cost & time). I'm hear to learn as much as I can while getting started, and to continue to grow my knowledge. So any thread helping with that is one I plan to read!

Threads like this help =).
Also, I like the forum badges and will certainly be getting my build thread contributor one soon ;). I believe the contests and giveaways the appear to be very common here certainly help the forum activity.

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a solution to a problem that I have that I could not find a solution for in the forums and zoanthids
Anything that I may have some knowledge or experience in that may be new to the thread
I do like the reminders and bonus entries for the giveaways for starting/ updating my build thread(even though I have yet to start my build thread and the build is going on 7 months)

CraftDaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It really depends on whats happening with my tank. Whether I'm looking for info on a new piece of equipment, new coral, or new fish.

Since I'm constantly trying to learn all I can about this hobby I tend to click and read through a lot of the threads. But again it may also depend on whatever my latest tank need/obsession is at the moment.

Once I immerse myself in a hobby and find a forum that supports that hobby you've basically got me for the long haul. I don't know that you could do anything else considering I'm logged on every day as it is. There is always something new to learn about whether it be through one of the articles or the numerous threads added each day.

Giancarlo Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to create subjects regarding common situations that can occur without going all scientific about every detail... like what odd and crazy things might fallen into your aquarium, best or worst experience in the hobby. or How happy it makes you feel seeing your fish and corals thrive..

To any that appeals to me and for the best of everybody. (specially the funny ones)

more creative contests, probably more discounts maybe ...

WannaBSpaghetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As a new reefer I always enjoy threads about identification and treatment of pests, as well as new setup common Q and A threads.

Anything that engages me on an opinion level or seeks to help newbies with questions. I'm sure my tastes will mature over time, but for now as a new user this type of content has me hooked.

I hate to sound like a guy looking for handouts, but the contest threads that encourage certain type or topic posting really do incentivise me personally. This most recent author contest even had me trying my hand at hobby writing, though I don't have much to write about yet.

TheBackAndForth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I’m most interested in seeking member advice for my own reef. Equipment, water chemistry, what to do in certain scenarios

2. I most enjoy reading about biology. Weird fish, corals, and verts.

3. Increase seller engagement. I love seeing deals, captive breeders, etc on this site

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back