PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

Questions on reefing subjects. If I need help, I post and ask.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?

Nice systems, corals, unique fish. I like to see what everyone else has....drool factor.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

Help me understand the point system. Rewards or banners for your avatar.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like to create new threads when i need help, pretty much every marine forum.

I only like to respond to threads where the discussion is helping me learn something.

Not sure how I could be more motivated to post or respond, most every problem I've had or misstep I've taken has been well covered by others here already.

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
show off topics and technical stuff about equipment or livestock

People looking for help in my knowledge range, threads with pictures and detailled explanation or problems

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
nothing, i m quite happy with R2R. I should go more often to the reef threads i have to admit, and create a thread about my tanks. I especially like the facebook R2R page highlightning some threads

Stated my state since the beginning

Simple reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally create topics relevant to my current state in the hobby. I am new so I ask questions as well as post progress for my tank.

I use the search too most often looking for advice and post when I have something valuable to contribute.
Possibly a contest? I do my best and I am sure as my experience increase so will my contribution to the reef2reef community.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What things have worked for me, life outside the reef, fitness tips

similar issues I have/had, something not seen on 6 forum posts every hour lol

staying consistent with giveaway schedules, tagging us with things we gravitate to/like and then auto suggesting some for us?

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to create threads that answer my questions and will possibly help others going through the same problems.

Threads that ask for opinions or questions that I have the answer to or situations I have experienced.

Giving me more free time to be on my phone.
Babysitting, paying my bills and etc.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
State / Country was already filled out. Please apply the bonus ;)

Anything really - I love everything about this hobby from learning new stuff from all the awesome members here to posting new picture of cool corals scores I've made. I love it when I can contribute to helping new members and equally so when arguing the virtues of of MH vrs LEDs (MH 4 Life! - that said I'm having crazy good growth with G4Pros at the moment and wondering if I can do without the MHs... ).

Everything unless Im butting into a thread from @Dana Riddle or @Randy Holmes-Farley. Dont want to expose myself as the reef dummy I am.

Give me a 360 badge ;) - That's a joke. BUT if you DID!

Get @WWC to stop holding out on the rainbow chalice packs.

Let me post a build thread for all of my tanks (about to start my 4th one).

Chris Fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

1: I like to create new threads on things I am struggling with or need instant advice on!
2:I like to respond to threads I am an expert on
3: more contests like this one!

Chris Fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I answered the 3 questions to be entered into the contest!

Heibel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am starting off my new 125 build soon and gearing it towards SPS, subjects relating to what others are doing with long running SPS tanks are doing. How to keep things stable and what extra things people have tried and found success with. Also ID threads.

Topics related to SPS growth and keeping them alive long term and doing well.

Any kind of bonus things like this thread is geared toward. As I am not an expert, I tend to shy away from commenting on others threads unless I actually do know what I am talking about in that case.

Heibel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I answered all 3 questions and have my state chosen.

Thanks

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1 I post questions when researching new things or ideas. for example lighting suggestions. Or ideas for new fish etc..
2. questions about critters and something that I have had experience with
3. for me r2r is a research kind of thing but contests/ rewards of things I need always works for me. additionally if they are local or from an area that I used to live in I tend to respond quicker. often by the time I get to a thread it has been answered by someone with more experience than I and says what I might have said.

Congrats @easternreefer!! You're our winner for this giveaway!!! Please pm me within 48 hours to claim your prize!!

*Prize must be claimed within 48 hours or we will redraw for a new winner.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 60 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back