PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

Psustein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I normally post about how to run a more efficient reef tank and keep maintenance to a minimum.

2. I post on beginners threads looking for advice.

3. Maybe a way to set your home page up with people's threads that directly relate to your topics of focus.

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I normally create threads when I have a problem that I can’t find a lot of info on or when I have a very tank specific problem.

2. I like replying and reading about new concepts and techniques. Stuff that’s never been tried before. Also I reply when I feel I can offer help.

3. I really like the featured tanks and seeing how others maintain their systems. Maybe have a featured “old post” or “old thread”. There’s some really good stuff that gets buried in all of the posts.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
- For me its best use is to help diagnose and solve my problems, its also great to see so many others in the hobby

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
- Its usually how many pictures and details it has, if I think I can learn from it or help another learn something I'll generally try to respond

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
- Honestly I think the staff is doing a great job, sorry I don't have a suggestion but its a compliment because I'm not being lazy or anything, I just really like how the site is run

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I often post if i have a question. Or if i really want to share something new in my experience with the hobby.
2. I usually respond to a post if i stumble onto a problem that I know the answer for or if i have a strong opinion about.
3. AI... Lol. By showing me only the threads that are relevant to me and that coincide with my personal opinions. ;) no please don't we have enough of this!
I honestly don't know what would motivate me to post more. Maybe chocolate or free frags?

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

I enjoy discussing/creating threads on controversial topics or pressing issues in the hobby. I feel that bringing up these sorts of conversations pushes the hobby forward and clears up misconceptions.

I am most likely to respond to threads that are well mannered, clear, and well written. However, I particularly enjoy answering questions/helping fellow reefers in need.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

Monthly giveaways and prizes are always good incentive. I otherwise would not be writing this now ;). I think R2R gives away a good amount of quality prizes and gifts.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I enjoyed creating and updating my build thread. I also like threads sharing experiences with a specific fish/piece of equipment/food, etc. Where users can share specific findings and experiences about that subject. For example: I recently created a thread about gyre settings for others to share their specific settings, although it hasn't received many responses. Those kinds of threads, I feel, are useful even if people find the thread a few years down the line, because they can see other people's real results with things. Or things like "I have a rare lennardi wrasse, here are my experiences with it". This shares experience that not everyone has easy access to, and can be helpful towards future owners.
I also like to discuss proper fish selection, coral placement/feeding, and tips and tricks

Any thread where the OP seems open to learning and expanding their knowledge. Or where a bunch of people can share their experiences on a single topic. I don't like threads that are very open ended or that can lead to vague answers like "how much flow do you have", where it will depends on a LOT of different factors like # of powerheads, placement, rock formations, etc and most of the people who answer won't give the full details to get the real picture.

I don't want to make a thread if I don't think I will get any worthwhile responses. I respond to most of the threads that I feel I can contribute to, but sometimes I wish it was easier to sort out topics or subforums that I'm not really interested in.

I also really really with the stickies were more organized or able to be hidden so that I could more easily browse through threads on my phone without having to scroll down past the stickies all the time.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any kind of interesting topics that pop in my head. A poll here or there to see if other hobbyists input. Also, when some advice/input is needed.

Anybody looking for advice or steering someone in the right direction if they were given bad advice. Also, saying hi to all the new users.

R2R is already great from the users, vendors, live sales, articles, etc. It's a wealth of information. I only wish there was more activity with locals (reef clubs).

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

1. I post when I need help and I can't find a satisfactory answer through research.

2. I respond to questions I have experience with and have done a lot of research on.

3. I would like to see more buttons besides the like such as most helpful answer, laugh icon etc and earn banner points for it. Also a rating for individual sellers on feedback under their name such as trusted seller after so many positive feed back reviews from buyers. I also love all the contest and polls especially the photo contest. I also like the live sales on this site.

Last edited:

Fairchild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Generally, I like to create threads asking other member's advice.

When other reefers have an issue similar to one I've had and succeeded at, I like to help them. I also share R2R links on the Facebook groups I participate on.

Doing giveaways help, lol. I think I just need more time in my day.

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Personally I usually create threads if I need help/advice on something.

If there's a question about something that I have some insight into... like if someone asked me to see how I built a custom canopy or what light settings to run on radions etc.

I think the community here is really what drives the activity, and I like that the admins/mods aren't overbearing control freaks here. At the same time I can feel that the admins/mods do really care about the community, because they are still active. I say, just keep up the good work! Don't mess with anything that's not broken, just like in reefing right? :)

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads that relate to what I am having or have had issues with. I have meant to put a build thread together and this survey has prompted me to get on it.

I enjoyed posting answers to issues that I have personal experience with. I like posting questions relative to new equipment and it's performance.

Perhaps R2R can publish directions on "When a build thread is considered complete." I question whether adding a new coral is really considered part of a build a year later. I enjoy seeing pics a year or two after the initial build to show growth.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back