PRIZE CLAIMED - Reefing Topics and YOU! Participate and get entered to win $100 cash!

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1- I like to create threads when I have a question. I'm typically a lurker and won't post a question till I've exhausted google and looked through a ton of old threads, but I know that when I do pose a question this community will help.

#2- I have only been reefing for a little over two years now and feel new to it all yet, but when someone posts a question about a fish or critter I may have kept I love being able to answer and help them out.

#3- I've been sitting here thinking about this and I can't think of anything realistic that could be done. You already incentivise with contests, have a very active community of senior reefers that engage and help, and encourage others without being pushy to participate. Maybe Rev, you or other senior members should travel the local frag swap circuit and shake a few hands. Further the sense of community and help reef2reef'ers meet other members at meet and greets. As much as we all seem to enjoy helping each other as semi-strangers, we'd probably help even more when the person is someone we've met or some might be more comfortable posting if they've met some other members. I know, like I've said, I couldn't come up with anything realistic.

GEP0934

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/christ-of-the-ab
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. off the wall subjects or tank build stuff
2.I typically reply to threads when someone needs help
3.I think you guys are doing pretty good right now, sometime less is more, I say keep it simple, some blogs just have so much information it hard fine or people lose interest after a few minutes.

Bonus entry done!

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

I like to post subjects that hopefully are useful and interesting to other members such as tank issues, as we have all encountered them at some point.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?

There are so many subjects in this forum one can spend countless hours in different sections. I enjoy looking at issues members are currently going through or have gone through as I have gone through many myself. Reading the responses of how issues were solved or the steps to resolve those issues. I also like to see members builds. A lot of great ideas come from what others have done. You can take ideas from several if not dozens and incorporate those into your own build. Lastly one of my favorites is corals. I love looking at the many

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

I think R2R is doing a great job in the motivating dept. with the giveaways and such. Maybe a badge once your thread hits 10000 views and 500 likes lol.

A777flygirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I post questions when I need help and in my build thread.

2. I love the polls as I am curious what other people think /do. I also love the threads with pictures of others thanks and corals. The "hungry coral" is a lot of fun!

3. Keep coming up with the great ideas for polls, pictures and contests!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a great response! Keep it coming!

guido5526

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I have no threads created currently, but will say I usually do my diligence to research here prior to making a thread as my questions usually are answered.
2. Usually respond to a thread when I have encountered same issues or experiences and what I found to remedy. or when looking for advice on potential future purchases.
3. love the live sales which usually gets me to comment on threads, as far as creating threads that's on me as I haven't had time to start my build thread or have enough pics for build thread. ha. honestly love this source of media for questions, concerns and research. very helpful.

Mistahbrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q 1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
Whenever I feel I can contribute / help solve problems.

Q 2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them?
Stuff that relates to my own setup, stuff I messed around with myself, e.g. DIY

Q 3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?
Nothing really, I like it just the way it is :)

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R? Usually seeking advice about a problem I am having or an idea kicking around my head.

2. What type of threads/topics from others makes you want to respond to them? Anything where I feel like I have something to add to the conversation. Maybe something I've got experience with or have fooled myself into thinking my opinion qualifies as 'expert'.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads? It seems that you already track activity and award participation based accolades. Just keep making it an enjoyable forum and I will continue to post and reply ;).

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?

As of right now i like doing a build thread. Hopefully in the future maybe review some products that I have on the system or maybe more.

Build threads, products, suggestions. Maybe as i get seasoned in SW hobby start commenting on help threads.

3. What types of things could R2R do to motivate you to be more active creating threads or responding to threads?

You know how everybody loves those badges. Maybe adding more for different amounts of threads started and likes.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of things/subjects do you personally like to create new threads/topics about on R2R?
I do like the tank builds, and the thread I created I like most is the "What did you do to your tank today"
Keeps people posting with some of the mundane, funny, or otherwise entertaining stuff that we all do all the time.https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-tank-today.367277/

I like the noob questions. Not the "what is this and how do I kill it" ones, but the questions that people new to the hobby (or not so new) just don't have the answers to. The reason I personally am on this forum is to help people with my 30+ years of experience.

Keep doing what you're doing. This is the best forum out there hands down.

Slarti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It usually is some question I have about something 'new' that came up in my tank or advice on hardware purchases. The cost for purchasing hardware usually is very high and I love the input I can get from people using a similar product I am looking at and the alternatives people may suggest. I am a firm believer that very little have happened with me that a myriad of others on here have not experienced as well. So I ask advice and to date have not being disappointed.

Obviously something that helps me, not just with my tank but also growing as a person. So that means, depending on time, I love to respond to anything! PS I do love humour...

Nothing really! Oh hang one, a few more hours in a day to leisurely go through all the posts maybe? If you can organise that with the boss at work and the one at home that will be great...

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trying to figure out how to "procure" the best reefing topics and engage our members, social media fans, email subscribers etc. and was wondering if we might get some help from you by answering a few of these questions for us?

If you will answer the following questions by responding here with the answers we will enter you to win a $100 cash prize when this thread reaches it's end in about 30 days.

BONUS: Go to your profile and choose the option for what state or country you live in near the middle of the page here: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/personal-details

Make one post where you answer the THREE questions. Then create one more post letting us know that you completed the bonus entry. You can have a total of TWO entries (2 Posts) in this thread. A winner will be subject to verification that the entry was completed according to the rules.

Thank you for the help and best of luck!
Content-creation-apps-header-image1.jpg

Usually I like to start topics about subjects I need more information on like a certain fish, coral, or a way of doing something like dosing. I am also interested in the different ways others maintain their reefs.

If I feel like I can be helpful I will respond especially if I have personal experience to share.

I am not sure? I think maybe just keep doing what you are doing and maybe offer a monthly prize for the most helpful member.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back