Profilux 4 email notifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ditto,

I put my name in the field "My name" when tested.

I receive an email from gmail when turning the "less secure apps" from the gmail link, but none at the time when I launch the TEST mail.

I did make sure to save the settings at each time I change the port number before test.

upload_2018-5-29_21-31-36.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I receive a security alert the first time I sent my first test message in gmail and only after that would it send.

So let’s try this:

Place all the information in all the fields, remove the password and type it back in and save the changes.

If ok reboot your p4 and then go back into the notifications and see are all the settings are present and then do the test message.

I assume port 25 is allowed out of your network common port so doubt your router is blocking it.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I found the issue Ditto.
The problem is that the Profilux doesn't accept email passwords longer (I would say) than 16 digits.
My gmail password was much longer with 27 digits.
Soon as I changed the password lenght to a short one the email notification started to arrive.
I tested by changing gmail password by creating a new one with 25 digits and inserting it in Profilux and same again no notification were received.
Changed again my gmail password to a short one and notifications started to arrive again.

I found this a little critical the need to turn on "less secure apps" and Captcha functionalities but also the need to change the email password for a less secure one o_O
Ps: By the way the port 25 worked ok and the 587 also.

Hope GHL will review the email security

Last edited:

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more secure way IMO would be to turn on multi-factor (2-step verification) for your gmail account, create an app password for the profilux. I do the same for my IP camera. That generates a 16 character password (which would work with the limit), so you are not using your own password and MFA is always good to have if you care about security.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 step verification are annoying . :D
The App password doesn't work with less secure apps

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 step with google is like the least annoying of any. It will rarely ask you on a device you have already signed in on.

App passwords are what you use instead of enabling "less secure apps". If my ip camera works, it should work with the profilux (although I don't have one, just thought I'd mention it since you mentioned security).

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes up to 4 different notification types at this time.

Back