Proper Dosing System

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in the hobby for awhile, but I have always neglected dosing. With my coral finally taking off after 5 years, I think it is time to get into dosing. I was looking into the redsea doser and it would keep all of my equipment into the apps i already have. The problem is it only coming in 2 or 4 heads. I would prefer to go with the two head as it would work better based on my space and money. I wanted to dose the big three calc, alk, and mag.

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for the two pump doser. I was thinking the Magnesium solution from red sea along with my own pre mixed kalkwasser. I didn't know if there was something easier our there.

Also i was planning to test my elements weekly for a month and then calculation my daily dose from there. I would target my salts elements.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new at this and just started dosing with All for reef (powder), an all in one and I’m satisfied with it.

I will be doing it manually for a while then eventually I might get 1 single Kamoer X1 Pro doser. You can add up to three heads for a total of 4, if needed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could have the 2-headed doser dosing alk & calcium and just manually dose Mg since it's much less frequently depleted. All-for-Reef is another great suggestion. Per my understanding, kalk through a dosing pump will likely clog up at some point.

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in the hobby for awhile, but I have always neglected dosing. With my coral finally taking off after 5 years, I think it is time to get into dosing. I was looking into the redsea doser and it would keep all of my equipment into the apps i already have. The problem is it only coming in 2 or 4 heads. I would prefer to go with the two head as it would work better based on my space and money. I wanted to dose the big three calc, alk, and mag.

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for the two pump doser. I was thinking the Magnesium solution from red sea along with my own pre mixed kalkwasser. I didn't know if there was something easier our there.

Also i was planning to test my elements weekly for a month and then calculation my daily dose from there. I would target my salts elements.

Hopefully this makes sense!
Apex dos

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea 4reefdose, couldn’t be happier with it. Dosing only calcium and alk and Mag is done manually since it barely gets low that quick. 3rd head is AB+ for corals and last one is a bottle of live phyto that I run into a small bag cooler that keeps the phyto alive for longer

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaboa make a good doser for the budget minded reefer, I ran two for years with no problems, until I went high tech with 2 GHL 2.1 dosers.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back