PSA from R2R about rude posting and personal attacks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

It has come to our attention that there are some members who are becoming increasingly rude. This public service announcement is to remind you that we are not other social media platforms and rude behavior, belittling remarks and name calling will NOT be tolerated. Debate and disagreement is perfectly fine and is healthy in some cases but if you can't debate without getting personal then do not post.

For those that are intent on being rude, you will have your account limited to post approval or having your account revoked all together.

For the rest of you, HAPPY REEFING and if you see rude posts please report them and we will review them.

Please review our TOS for a more in depth look at our rules.

Thank you.
David (revhtree)
Administrator

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confused Ryan Reynolds GIF

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I first joined R2R I was blown away by the overwhelming levels of support from long-standing members for us newbies asking stupid questions.

There is a small minority of people ruining that, gate-keeping the community and making people who are desperate to learn and fall in love with the hobby feel as though they are idiots and don't deserve to own a reef tank like the rest of us. It's good that you are looking to put a stop to that!

Last edited:

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie here but it feels like a way more welcoming community then other forums I'm a member of. the gate keeping hurts the hobby and leads to attrition amongst new hobbyists.
we all have made mistakes; we'll make some more.
As long as we seek assistance and offer solutions in lieu of finger pointing and focusing on the bad we'll all be much happier. Remember where you started and what you learned over time and be that voice of reason or encouragement to someone who needs it. you don't what else is going on in someone's life, fish keeping and other hobbies can literally save lives!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to be honest I’ve never seen theses types of posts since joining r2r.Yes two people thinking there opinion was right but no bad language or people been rude . R2r staff will not put up with it and will eventually bar them from the forum.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum is way different than it was 14 years ago when I first joined… I guess that’s because of social media.. we didn’t have fb or ig etc.. I took a long break and came back and it’s a totally different vibe now and it’s all way different than I remember… but the non sense wasn’t acceptable back then and shouldn’t be today.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gonna lie, there have been times that I have been sorely tempted to fall into this kind of behavior.

Then I remember that this forum isn't just about someone's opinion, or personal soapbox, but an exchange of ideas and knowledge that transcends the individual and becomes a global resource for the one thing we all came for, the hobby we all enjoy and love...

Saltwater Treatment.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree I think now would be a good time for me to advocate for a “snarky” badge to be created and awarded. Just so people understand the person behind the comments ;)
That actually, is not a good idea. I can list a thousand reasons. But the biggest is...

Some people really like their badges.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think with such a mix of generations and what comes with that its a difficult job for any platform to police. You have some young guns that can be quick and sometimes sarcastic although in good nature vs. some old schoolers who can be grumpy and know it all although also in good nature. With nearly seven generations of all levels here there's gonna be scraps unfortunately. I wonder if the name calling would lighten up a bit if the my way or the highways chilled out a little. Everybody likes to be heard and shouldn't feel nervous about posting anything. I will give props to the administration as I'm sure it's not an easy job trying to keep it clean, with a reminder that there are always two sides to every story whether you're a partner member or not. Everybody say a prayer today, only if you want to lol.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other.

Back