PSA from R2R about rude posting and personal attacks

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rev... What's a guy gotta do to get that green Ripped while Reefing badge?
my eyes do not want GIF

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Rev... What's a guy gotta do to get that green Ripped while Reefing badge?
Right?!
Still think I need a teal Reef Mermaid badge.
I'll take a green one, though!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these badges getting tossed around someone is sure to lose an eye soon...
10 years on here and greeting new members daily . And I am still waiting for a hospitality badge .
I was beginning to think they were a thing of the passed , or I need to review my other comments and posts as well .

Should I apologize now just in case this post has anything to do with my behaviour

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was nice to see this topic and post brought up.
This is a hobby and learning network/forum and what many need to consider:
This hobby is one of enjoyment, collecting and for some therapeutic as we have members who have cancer and other illnesses and divorced and alone and this hobby provides peace for them.
What we dont know is who they really are, what hardships they are going through, if they are losing a loved one, going through financial hardships, perhaps are about to lose their car or home or both. . . . . . .
AND HOW DARE CERTAIN PERSONS, come on here, and mock, jeer, criticize and call others names , when they too may be going through the same hardships.
Respect is the easiest tool we can offer others and to impose such behavior is an example of lack of self respect , compassion and ruthlessness.
To see someone on here struggling and to have one comment" Maybe you need to find a different hobby" is degrading and gives one a feeling of worthlessness.
I hope this is greatly enforced by staff and people take a minute to be thankful to have a tank and afford such a hobby and not reply to a post if they cannot do so in support and respectfully.
This world is tough enough already - Don't make it harder for someone who needs to converse rather than regretting they asked a simple question.
This is a great group and it's up to every individual to keep it that way.
I really appreciate these words. You have personally helped me learn a tremendous amount and I’m sure that most if not all of my questions were “noob” questions. I personally started this hobby due to loving all the colors, but mainly to battle an addiction that I’ve been fighting for some time. Reefing represents a sense of inner peace to me, and the ability to be present, which is the opposite of my addiction. The solutions you’ve provided, in specific the way to go about the tangs I want to buy and that I could add a baby hippo tang to my 93 gal, were actually some of the brightest moments on some of the very dark days I’ve recently had. Thank you.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
10 years on here and greeting new members daily . And I am still waiting for a hospitality badge .
I was beginning to think they were a thing of the passed , or I need to review my other comments and posts as well .

Should I apologize now just in case this post has anything to do with my behaviour
Been there, done that.

ETA: The apologizing part

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I really appreciate these words. You have personally helped me learn a tremendous amount and I’m sure that most if not all of my questions were “noob” questions. I personally started this hobby due to loving all the colors, but mainly to battle an addiction that I’ve been fighting for some time. Reefing represents a sense of inner peace to me, and the ability to be present, which is the opposite of my addiction. The solutions you’ve provided, in specific the way to go about the tangs I want to buy and that I could add a baby hippo tang to my 93 gal, were actually some of the brightest moments on some of the very dark days I’ve recently had. Thank you.
Great to hear.
Sharing is caring. Respect goes a long way and I am willing to spend hours with one who shows the same.
Glad all is well. Remember to always take care of you , and then the tank.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great to hear.
Sharing is caring. Respect goes a long way and I am willing to spend hours with one who shows the same.
You forgot family... They have to fit in there somewhere and my tank is too small to fit them all. :zany-face:

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear.
Thanks again for everything. Yep just quit my job to focus on my son, my self care, and recalibrate life a bit… The tank has definitely been a bit less stressful so it’s starting to become a lot more enjoyable.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back