Psuedochromis and filefish

Murftoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all! Has anyone ever succesfully kept radial or white spotted filefish with pseudochromis?

I have a pair of ORA orchid dottybacks that are model citizens in my 90G now. I had planned a semi-agressive all captive bred tank when I got them, but I already fell off the captive-bred wagon with some Anthias and am reconsidering my stocking plan now. I'm in love with filefish and would really love to add a bonded ORA pair to my tank.

Is this asking for trouble adding them in with my dottybacks? I currently have 2 clowns and a pair of lyretail anthias. Future stocking plans are a Biota yellow Tang, Coral Beauty Angel, and a blenny or Goby.

Thanks for the advice!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all! Has anyone ever succesfully kept radial or white spotted filefish with pseudochromis?

I have a pair of ORA orchid dottybacks that are model citizens in my 90G now. I had planned a semi-agressive all captive bred tank when I got them, but I already fell off the captive-bred wagon with some Anthias and am reconsidering my stocking plan now. I'm in love with filefish and would really love to add a bonded ORA pair to my tank.

Is this asking for trouble adding them in with my dottybacks? I currently have 2 clowns and a pair of lyretail anthias. Future stocking plans are a Biota yellow Tang, Coral Beauty Angel, and a blenny or Goby.

Thanks for the advice!
It should be alright but I would stay on edge when introducing them since there is a chance they can be aggressive. Although P. fridmani is on the lower side of the aggression scale when it comes to pseudochromis

OP
OP
M

Murftoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the reply! That's what I was hoping too and why I went with those pseudochromis. They are captive-bred as well, so I think that helps.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the reply! That's what I was hoping too and why I went with those pseudochromis. They are captive-bred as well, so I think that helps.
It can help lower aggression, I have found wild caught fridmanis to get rather aggressive in certain situations.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back