Puratek RODI waste water constantly flows

jhadaway

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
750
Reaction score
544
Location
Pasadena, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a Puratek RODI unit that's probably 4 years old now. A few days ago I noticed that wastewater was constantly flowing no mater if the unit was producing RODI water or not. I have since replaced the auto-shut off valve and the membrane. It's actually worse now as it's not making good water at all. It looks like Icecap is the same product and has some parts but I don't want to dump any more money into this unit unless I have a good chance of fixing the issue There are 2 blue knobs on each side of the the unit that looks like valves. One of them is before the flow into the membrane. Has anyone repaired one of these before?

Thanks,
JOe
 
I have a Puratek RODI unit that's probably 4 years old now. A few days ago I noticed that wastewater was constantly flowing no mater if the unit was producing RODI water or not. I have since replaced the auto-shut off valve and the membrane. It's actually worse now as it's not making good water at all. It looks like Icecap is the same product and has some parts but I don't want to dump any more money into this unit unless I have a good chance of fixing the issue There are 2 blue knobs on each side of the the unit that looks like valves. One of them is before the flow into the membrane. Has anyone repaired one of these before?

Thanks,
JOe
If you put a new ASO, it makes no sense that it would allow water through the system unless the ASO is not working properly. Are you using a float valve too?
 
If you put a new ASO, it makes no sense that it would allow water through the system unless the ASO is not working properly. Are you using a float valve too?
At this time I only have a cutoff valve that I open manually to fill up my ATO. I'll be upgrading the tank soon. It's been confusing trying to figure out what everything is since the product isn't sold anymore. It looks like this valve is triggered when the backpressure hits a certain level. It's a black solenoid in the center of the unit just after the membraine. I'm thinking now that the cutoff valve is in one of the corners and actually is this.
1769015358749.png


I ordered one this morning. I hate to spend any more on this thing if I have to replace it. Also, the new black valve is resting in the closed position. I didn't even power it up so that couldn't have been it.

Thanks,
JOe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new