Purple Tang turned white

html

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had ich and marine velvet ... I’ve lost many fish I tried the dip I tried every medication out there I haven’t yet found the perfect solution
My last go around was 3 years ago none of the stuff I was told was helping. my fish looked worse every day until it was to late. I’ve had it in my display tank and here is what I have learned .... to me none of the meds where making a fast or easy cure.
my clown couple the female was pretty big several years old and both of them where sick. Both of them I put quickly in fresh water for about 2-3 min max pulled them out and back in the tank. My female still died my male however got better. He still is happy and now the big one ;) Most of my fish was gone. Except my naso my cardinal couple and a yellow tang. Six line wrasses where getting better as well. All every single fish was severally infected and it went fast. The only one I dipped where the clowns. IMO I do not know why it turned around but after putting medicine for several days from my local Fishstore and doing water changes like a mad woman I actually gave up on the medicine that’s when I did the dip with the couple. I also that day believe it or not bought a fish yes I did ! I bought a blue streak cleaner wrasse. That tiny fish was having a thanksgiving dinner in that tank. Since then I have kept one of them in my tank ( the first one jumped out after a few weeks so i replaced that little guy ) anyway since then I never had ich again and these wrasses do clean all the other fish all day long.
I probably get someone yelling at me for adding a fish to an infected tank but that’s what I was told and i believe that little guy was in fact the savior for my 2 tanks and even the other smaller fish.
is it eating ich from fish?

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 3 fish have died so far and my hospital tank came broken so I had to order a replacement... I now have
2 clowns
1 fire fish
1 rainbow bubble tip anemone

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancé threw in the towel and said he wants nothing to do with the hobby anymore! Ugh!

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it eating ich from fish?
I can’t tell you a solid YES but it seamed so I would say yes but have no proof other then that my infected fish all got better and are still to this day alive and that little wrasse was and is eating off these fish what ever is on them. Never had ich again. And I stopped the medication a few days prior to adding the wrasse back when. Like I’ve said I have no real proof other then what I saw happening after I added the wrasse

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update both clowns today 2/15 have whatever the rest had and don’t look good... going downhill quick.

CFC93ED7-EB6D-491D-85CE-3671B4AD75A3.jpeg CF4E81C6-E0E1-4C3F-92CA-78C2CD3E4989.jpeg

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang ....... have you tried the cleaner wrasse yet ? I can’t give you any hope that it works however it did seem to work for me

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did not get sick I know it helped my sick naso clown and even my yellow tang
I have had 3 so far the first jumped out after about 2 month the second about the same but the 3. I have now I had for close to one year and he is just awesome and cleans the fish all the time

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just so sad. I feel for you.
Are you putting any medicine in the tank ?
I’m giving them focus and metroplex mixed with their food. I have my anemone in the tank so I can’t really dose it, and my quarantine has sky high ammonia right now because it’s cycling.

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any corals or just the anemone ? Can you maybe bring the anemone to your local Fishstore and then try treating your tank ? You’ll still loose some because I believe at this stage the survival depends more on the strength of your individual fish.

On the other hand .... so yes you don’t have a different tank but maybe a big bucket a clean cooler or something where you can put some of your water and the fish for treatment if you have an external mini filter and an air stone in it ? So you can treat them separately......
But then I m thinking back and I had to many fish in my reef and no way of catching them I m just thinking out loud here
I wish there was an easy solution but I believe it just will run it’s cycle and hopefully your fish will kick the disease

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any corals or just the anemone ? Can you maybe bring the anemone to your local Fishstore and then try treating your tank ? You’ll still loose some because I believe at this stage the survival depends more on the strength of your individual fish.

On the other hand .... so yes you don’t have a different tank but maybe a big bucket a clean cooler or something where you can put some of your water and the fish for treatment if you have an external mini filter and an air stone in it ? So you can treat them separately......
But then I m thinking back and I had to many fish in my reef and no way of catching them I m just thinking out loud here
I wish there was an easy solution but I believe it just will run it’s cycle and hopefully your fish will kick the disease
My closest lfs is 2 hours away one way. The big bucket is a good idea... I do have an air stone.

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Also have been told raising the water temp helps ..like 82F . i don’t know where you’re at and if your house is cold you might need a heater or some sort

good luck and keep me updated maybe you’ll find the best solution I hope

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m giving them focus and metroplex mixed with their food. I have my anemone in the tank so I can’t really dose it, and my quarantine has sky high ammonia right now because it’s cycling.
Get some liquid bacteria such as bio spira. You should also keep this on hand, as you usually can't wait to cycle a qt tank. You basically pour this in your tank and it activates from the ammonia given off by the fish which it returns jump starts the cycle. Please research nitrafying bacteria's in a bottle doctor Tim's is another one. Hopefully this helps a butt, sorry for what your going through right now. Good luck

Back