Pvc aquascape questions

thehammer1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I've been in this hobby for about 67 years now I've never used PVC to keep up the rock work well in my 29 gallon bio cube I wanted to try to make something unique but before I proceed with this I have a couple questions. For one do I kept the ends and not allow any water in as to not allow pasts and detritus to be in their.2 Do I have to worry about not being able to clean the sand bed properly during water changes with the Pvc on the bottom of the tank and finally I know a 29 gallon aquarium is already short of space for sand dwelling creatures but what this sincerely limit my ability to house a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp and any nassarius a snail's.

You guys have always been a big help so thank you in advance I know somebody will answer this professionally thank you guys

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Well done on the hobby length. Impressive. I would think that if you were to keep the ends open under than sand, creatures will use that as their home and could be good. If in the water column, some fish may love taking residence in the tubes. However, if animals do not live in the tubes, they could collect nasties.

I do not think keeping the goby and shrimp and nassarius in a 29g is out of the question unless you are talking making the whole bottom pvc. If just a support section, should be fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back