QT process for torches and Trachyphyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cstar_BC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cstar_BC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
724
Reaction score
1,241
Location
Vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

Looking for some advice and tips for success

I have normally dipped (sps and zoas) most of my corals and placed them in my 60gallon tank .

can you dip Euphyllia? Should you?

how do you qt your torches and trachy?
 
Definitely dip everything before it goes in your tank. I don’t quarantine corals but I do look at them carefully under a light and scrub/scrape off any critters or other pests I see. I then observe them in my tank closely for the next week. Euphyllia will retract during dipping but won’t be harmed from 10-15 minute dips (of a proper concentration of course).
 
Definitely dip everything before it goes in your tank. I don’t quarantine corals but I do look at them carefully under a light and scrub/scrape off any critters or other pests I see. I then observe them in my tank closely for the next week. Euphyllia will retract during dipping but won’t be harmed from 10-15 minute dips (of a proper concentration of course).
Thank you !
Would the trachy be ok to dip as well? Is there any corals that can’t be dipped ?
 
Should be no problem. I don’t know of any corals that shouldn’t be dipped. If they are near death a dipping may be enough to push them over the edge. I’ve had a tremendous amount of things come off a single frag while dipping and some frags come out totally clean. Always worth doing in my opinion.

I wear a headlamp and scrape off any life from the plug/coral stem that I can. I do this in the dip water at the end of the corals time in the bath.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new