Quantra Meso Blue

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this specific light,not the more expensive one but this SPECIFIC one ?

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Meso Blue and OG pop, could not decide on exact color so got one of each for that price. I was 100% sold on the Reefbrites XHO. I have XHO in my 3 tanks. Well these Quantras blow away my reefbrites. My new tank will be these two strips and T5. Love the color, the pop, and insane park numbers. The build quality is 200% better than my other strips. Just got them going so no long term results but they absolutely pass the eye test.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Meso Blue and OG pop, could not decide on exact color so got one of each for that price. I was 100% sold on the Reefbrites XHO. I have XHO in my 3 tanks. Well these Quantras blow away my reefbrites. My new tank will be these two strips and T5. Love the color, the pop, and insane park numbers. The build quality is 200% better than my other strips. Just got them going so no long term results but they absolutely pass the eye test.
Sounds more like the "pro" version not the .2w leds used in rhe "regular" version .

Except for lots of bars and/or shallow tanks 20 plus watt bars will not provide high par.
Each Quanta Meso Blue light will add roughly 50 PAR to an 18” wide tank.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds more like the "pro" version not the .2w leds used in rhe "regular" version .

Except for lots of bars and/or shallow tanks 20 plus watt bars will not provide high par.
Yes, That’s why I got the Quanta Pros

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming I will have to be the one to try them out since it seems like nobody uses them. Unless @Lousybreed can chime in on his product may some pics,par graph,exactly what spectra of leds are on the light,ect ect.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming I will have to be the one to try them out since it seems like nobody uses them. Unless @Lousybreed can chime in on his product.
Why not get the Pro and then there is no worry about par, pop, color anything. It’s not a huge price difference. Check the YouTube video review on the Pro. It’s insane color and par. My par is double what my t5 fixture was pushing with the Pros

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not get the Pro and then there is no worry about par, pop, color anything. It’s not a huge price difference. Check the YouTube video review on the Pro. It’s insane color and par. My par is double what my t5 fixture was pushing with the Pros

I very easily can,but I am wondering about this specific light.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming I will have to be the one to try them out since it seems like nobody uses them. Unless @Lousybreed can chime in on his product may some pics,par graph,exactly what spectra of leds are on the light,ect ect.
Pretty sure spectrums posted. Believe it is 4 types of " blue" (inc. 2 violets).
Hmmm "assumption" seems to be both have roughly the same spectrum only differing in power.

Figure 3 bars = 2 t5ho's. Optimistically they assume 1:1(1/2 watt to 1).

AFAICT the mesos are all blue. Suggest some "color" should be added.

As a side note being constant voltage driven controllers are cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP, what size tank and corals are you keeping?

24" x 10" x 10" and probably not much until its ready for acro's. I have a Tek 4 bulb and I am going to run 2x Giesemann Actinic Blue,1x Giesemann Super Actinic and 1x ATI Coral+ @ 8" off the top of the tank.

Pretty sure spectrums posted. Believe it is 4 types of " blue" (inc. 2 violets).
Hmmm "assumption" seems to be both have roughly the same spectrum only differing in power.

Figure 3 bars = 2 t5ho's. Optimistically they assume 1:1(1/2 watt to 1).

AFAICT the mesos are all blue. Suggest some "color" should be added.

As a side note being constant voltage driven controllers are cheap.

I mainly looking for a budget option for pop,I mean if I can get a small bump in par maybe 60-80ish I'll be happy. I am already running a 24" 4 bulb Tek t5 fixture 8" off the top of the tank.

Apparently nobody is running these yet and went straight for the big boys. I don't feel like I need a $140 one for pop,hence why I asking about these.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you’re just looking for extra pop then the non pro version will probably suffice, but if you want a boost on par then the pro version will do. But in your situation, two bars (one on each side on your T5 fixture) of the non pro meso blue will do. Email Luca directly and he’ll help you pick the best lights to go with your bulb combo.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re just looking for extra pop then the non pro version will probably suffice, but if you want a boost on par then the pro version will do. But in your situation, two bars (one on each side on your T5 fixture) of the non pro meso blue will do. Email Luca directly and he’ll help you pick the best lights to go with your bulb combo.

Its between these or ReefBrite LumiLite strips. It looks like Quanta maybe has some more spectrum than the RB which would be nice for broadening my spectrum with the T5's.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its between these or ReefBrite LumiLite strips. It looks like Quanta maybe has some more spectrum than the RB which would be nice for broadening my spectrum with the T5's.
I love my Reef Brite halide pendants, but having used the xho's, I would definitely go with the Quantas. Luca is really good at matching his bars to your specific lights, just send him an email and he'll be happy to guide you.

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get one of the non-pro Meso Blue strips? I’m thinking of doing the same along side my Kessils, but can’t seem to find many people using them.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get one of the non-pro Meso Blue strips? I’m thinking of doing the same along side my Kessils, but can’t seem to find many people using them.

I did not,unfortunately. In the future maybe I am just letting the t5 rock out for right now.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 Meso blue pro's here's a pic of my tank last night after 9pm with 4 bars as i have just put my OR3 uv/violet back on a timer for early morns and late nights ,the other bar on is a reef factory (60%) tank is 54 x 30 x 30 i fitted the meso's after removing OR3 blue pluses when leds burnt out
DSC_1043 fts.JPG
DSC_1043 fts.JPG
DSC_1043 fts.JPG
DSC_1046 rh side on fts.JPG

Back