Question about true percs breeding

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of true percs that used to lay eggs every 2-3 weeks for about a year.Then I moved and it has been 2 years since the move and still no eggs.Why won't they breed again? They don't even due there mating dance anymore, any help would be appreciated.

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are things I have read. Are the there other fish bothering them in the tank? Feed her till she spits the food out. Turn up the heat to 82*- 84*.

BroncosZOA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont worry

Most of times it is due to the change that they went thru, most clowns will begin egg laying when they feel as comfortable as before.

If they are not attacking each other then they are still a bonded pair. I would feed them fattier foods and just watch um.

After a pair breeds in my expierence they dont really doo the shimmy anymore cause they have established the male and female. The male knows where to clean and listens to his mate without thinking.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are not attacking each other then they are still a bonded pair. I would feed them fattier foods and just watch um.

After a pair breeds in my expierence they dont really doo the shimmy anymore cause they have established the male and female. The male knows where to clean and listens to his mate without thinking.

The above isn't just true for humans, but also clownfish :hammer:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back