Question on How Long To have Lights on

W0terMoist

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
99
Reaction score
59
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single red sea 90 LED on a 45 gal cube mixed reef. The lights are on for 12 hours. 0% to100% for 3.5 hours 100% for 5 hours and 100% to 0% in 3.5 hours. Picture provided for a visual aid.

Is this a safe amount of light to give to a tank?

Screenshot_20230312_134259_ReefBeat.jpg
 
Seems correct to me as to duration. Not sure on the 100% part though
 
I have a single red sea 90 LED on a 45 gal cube mixed reef. The lights are on for 12 hours. 0% to100% for 3.5 hours 100% for 5 hours and 100% to 0% in 3.5 hours. Picture provided for a visual aid.

Is this a safe amount of light to give to a tank?

Screenshot_20230312_134259_ReefBeat.jpg
Im running 14 hours and with similar peaks
 
I second Jekyl. I run mine a bit less then 12h. You are not gaining much by prolonging photoperiod. I would be careful with intensity, many corals will adapt to higher PAR, but if subjected to high intensity without acclimation, they can burn and "bleach".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new