Question. PVC or Vinyl Tubing?

KBlue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
21
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious to know peoples thoughts and suggestion on whether or not to use rigid PVC or reinforced vinyl tubing for overflow and returned plumbing.
 
I've read the flex is better for right after the return pump because it makes maintenance a lot easier. Otherwise I think I'd do rigid for the overflow and for connecting to the bulkheads just because I would trust it more, and I think it would look cleaner.
 
Flex PVC.

It’s about the only thing in reefing / tropical saltwater that’s cheap, fast and easy.
 
PVC. UV and salt water tend to make vinyl brittle. no longer flexible at the very least. I personally like hard pipe PVC because it is dark in there and won't grow algae and i like the clean look of hardpipe. but for flex after the return pump for vibration absorption i prefer silicon. It stays flexible and doesn't stink like harbor freight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new