• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Question,

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Cyphastrea stick to 3D printed items? Thinking about paying somebody to make me something with my two dogs on it that can be covered with my jingle bells cyphastrea. Don’t know if this is doable.

Attached a picture for an idea of what I would be doing.

E6090321-4437-4ECB-8CBC-C26000DB84BD.jpeg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should, you will lose some of the details but will probably look cool :)

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion:
Will Cyphastrea stick to 3D printed items?
This would make a much better thread title than "Question" - you will probably have a better chance to catch the attention of people who would know the answer.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally got my answer two hours later?
It was just a suggestion, just trying to improve the forum experience. Maybe with a more specific subject there might have been a whole bunch of replies within two hours.

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don't see why it wouldn't encrust. I have a bunch of 3d printed stuff (pla & petg) in my aquariums and have had lots of things encrust onto it (leathers, montis, zoas, xenia, etc).

If you're looking for someone to do the models and/or printing, let me know :) I do freelance 3d modeling for a living. I had a pet bust I made for someone, but I couldn't find pics, so I attached some blob fish planters I made a while back XD

Screenshot_17 (2).png

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don't see why it wouldn't encrust. I have a bunch of 3d printed stuff (pla & petg) in my aquariums and have had lots of things encrust onto it (leathers, montis, zoas, xenia, etc).

If you're looking for someone to do the models and/or printing, let me know :) I do freelance 3d modeling for a living. I had a pet bust I made for someone, but I couldn't find pics, so I attached some blob fish planters I made a while back XD

Screenshot_17 (2).png
I have used you before. Was actually getting on to message you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back