• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Question,

Wolters_88

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
938
Reaction score
367
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will Cyphastrea stick to 3D printed items? Thinking about paying somebody to make me something with my two dogs on it that can be covered with my jingle bells cyphastrea. Don’t know if this is doable.

Attached a picture for an idea of what I would be doing.

E6090321-4437-4ECB-8CBC-C26000DB84BD.jpeg
 
It should, you will lose some of the details but will probably look cool :)
 
Just a suggestion:
Will Cyphastrea stick to 3D printed items?
This would make a much better thread title than "Question" - you will probably have a better chance to catch the attention of people who would know the answer.
 
Just a suggestion:

This would make a much better thread title than "Question" - you will probably have a better chance to catch the attention of people who would know the answer.
I literally got my answer two hours later?
 
I literally got my answer two hours later?
It was just a suggestion, just trying to improve the forum experience. Maybe with a more specific subject there might have been a whole bunch of replies within two hours.
 
I also don't see why it wouldn't encrust. I have a bunch of 3d printed stuff (pla & petg) in my aquariums and have had lots of things encrust onto it (leathers, montis, zoas, xenia, etc).

If you're looking for someone to do the models and/or printing, let me know :) I do freelance 3d modeling for a living. I had a pet bust I made for someone, but I couldn't find pics, so I attached some blob fish planters I made a while back XD

Screenshot_17 (2).png
 
I also don't see why it wouldn't encrust. I have a bunch of 3d printed stuff (pla & petg) in my aquariums and have had lots of things encrust onto it (leathers, montis, zoas, xenia, etc).

If you're looking for someone to do the models and/or printing, let me know :) I do freelance 3d modeling for a living. I had a pet bust I made for someone, but I couldn't find pics, so I attached some blob fish planters I made a while back XD

Screenshot_17 (2).png
I have used you before. Was actually getting on to message you.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new