Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,just a quick update,still never got a reply from ecotech and I think i will never get one...so instead of to by other ecotech led ,I bought a gieseman stellar too ad t5 to my leds,because i don't want to enrich a company that have zero care for their customers.

NickCage007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can save the schedule u have made, with the bottom right save button. It will save in templates. Theres a tab at the top, coral lab, and user.. ur saved templates will be under user.

I just give mine diff names, as i played around. And its easy to pop back to any that u liked if u save them.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can save the schedule u have made, with the bottom right save button. It will save in templates. Theres a tab at the top, coral lab, and user.. ur saved templates will be under user.

I just give mine diff names, as i played around. And its easy to pop back to any that u liked if u save them.
With that being said how can you give your program to a friend or have him give you his?

NickCage007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that being said how can you give your program to a friend or have him give you his?
Click export, instead of save, on that same save icon. I just started using one a friend sent me, thru facebook messenger. :). Has options for email, and some other things also

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no issue setting mine up on my bio cube. It was only confusing to set it up since there is no instructions on them. It took a while to get the lights where I needed them as well. I watched brs review on them and the spectrum needed and it is amazing how it look now. now that it’s dialed in I love it.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meanwhile my three blue lamps are also going crazy. not only that the mp40 does not work with anti-sync, my lamps start to do their own thing and light up differently. if i make a change to the light, for example, one of the lamps turns everything to blue and stays that way. it only lights up normally again after a restart. or, in the middle of the day, one of the lamps just goes out. that's all crap !! I paid over 3000 € for the stuff! and, has someone ever noticed that the blue LEDs in AB + mode almost do not light up? no wonder that this prog appears so bright.

but a praise to the service. I got new covers for my lamps within two business days.

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meanwhile my three blue lamps are also going crazy. not only that the mp40 does not work with anti-sync, my lamps start to do their own thing and light up differently. if i make a change to the light, for example, one of the lamps turns everything to blue and stays that way. it only lights up normally again after a restart. or, in the middle of the day, one of the lamps just goes out. that's all crap !! I paid over 3000 € for the stuff! and, has someone ever noticed that the blue LEDs in AB + mode almost do not light up? no wonder that this prog appears so bright.

but a praise to the service. I got new covers for my lamps within two business days.
Welcome to the g5 world. I suggest to start by making sure all lights and app is updated to highest lv

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

same problems..this light do what they want i have often to resume the program because they loose it andnthen the ligh is very weak

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another lovely day as a g5 owner. Got bunch of new frags today so wanted to turn lights down have not logged in mobius for weeks. So I turned down schedule power and try to save and get error please try again so I try few more times but still error. So I look in settings and seems 1 of my g5 is not communicating so try to restart all device but the 1 does not restart so next I try to remove it and it does remove except now it’s in a locked up state and mobius can not find it to re sync up to the other. Does anyone know how to do master reset from the actual unit without app? Thanks for any help

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out

3FE75C05-4624-49D2-90EE-0877934E2907.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out

3FE75C05-4624-49D2-90EE-0877934E2907.png
Kinda too late, but mobius offers an acclimation feature that will drop the intensity of all the lights to a preset of your choosing, and will slowly ramp back up to normal schedule based on the number of days you select.

It sure beats reprogramming. I'm using the acclimation feature almost weekly as I acquire new frags.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't if acclimation is a coral is good thing, spoke about the owner from the coral shop here, he have great big tanks full of corals, he told me he never acclimated one corals. He says it would just stress all other corals. He says if you have enough nutriments in your tank they will be no problem.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really boring this app, impossible to keep properly a personnalised set up. Everytime I do one, when I go in the set up, it will show the proper set up, once I leave the set up it changes the intensity and set up!! All intensity turned on properly, no acclimation mode is on! Or maybe this app as advance mode that take your Programm and make it going slowly up a the beginning of the time and go done in intensity befor the schedule ends?? How to keep a schedule I fixed. And still now news from ecothech since months, the poorest service I never saw.. I wrote again.. Let's see..

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really boring this app, impossible to keep properly a personnalised set up. Everytime I do one, when I go in the set up, it will show the proper set up, once I leave the set up it changes the intensity and set up!! All intensity turned on properly, no acclimation mode is on! Or maybe this app as advance mode that take your Programm and make it going slowly up a the beginning of the time and go done in intensity befor the schedule ends?? How to keep a schedule I fixed. And still now news from ecothech since months, the poorest service I never saw.. I wrote again.. Let's see..
I can’t see Ecotech purposely ignoring you. How are you contacting them? Email? Have you checked your junk box or spam, there must be a reason for the lack of communication.

I mean this in the politest way possible, many people have had issue with the light schedule reducing but all of those eventually found the fox, and it was a setting or the like being on when not wanted.

can you upload the various screens from Mobius so others can see, maybe there’s something obvious to others that’s causing your intensity to reduce. It sounds like acclimation mode to me and simply user error with the app.

Ive attached two screen shop from Mobius, can you take the same ones and upload? Maybe that will be a start for us to see what’s going on until Ecotech finally get back to you.

E1C5E1A5-2D71-4FEE-8ABC-6979618ABE85.png 4B4DB988-159C-4E0C-8F08-5DA97930C7FE.png

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
such a ****, I just see that my 3 lamps are still in the sunrise phase even though it starts here at 7:30. now we have it here at noon 12:56. honestly ecotech .. feel ashamed for this scrap of hardware or software

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see Ecotech purposely ignoring you. How are you contacting them? Email? Have you checked your junk box or spam, there must be a reason for the lack of communication.

I mean this in the politest way possible, many people have had issue with the light schedule reducing but all of those eventually found the fox, and it was a setting or the like being on when not wanted.

can you upload the various screens from Mobius so others can see, maybe there’s something obvious to others that’s causing your intensity to reduce. It sounds like acclimation mode to me and simply user error with the app.

Ive attached two screen shop from Mobius, can you take the same ones and upload? Maybe that will be a start for us to see what’s going on until Ecotech finally get back to you.

E1C5E1A5-2D71-4FEE-8ABC-6979618ABE85.png 4B4DB988-159C-4E0C-8F08-5DA97930C7FE.png
this time they reply, they just said i have to go to the troubleshooting and check the led, what i did already many times and hard reset too.and the problem come from the app, not the LED. When I told them no reply again...i give up and stay with a preset template slightly medicated

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just jumping in to ask a quick question. I just got a xr15 G4 pro and using Mobius.
do I lowermy schedule % or Point Intensity? I currently have schedule at 39% I THINK is full schedule and point is at 100%

02D2A6FE-9798-466E-B395-95D5AD5F46F7.png

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just jumping in to ask a quick question. I just got a xr15 G4 pro and using Mobius.
do I lowermy schedule % or Point Intensity? I currently have schedule at 39% I THINK is full schedule and point is at 100%

02D2A6FE-9798-466E-B395-95D5AD5F46F7.png
Im pretty sure your schedule is in acclimation mode. Is that intentional? Not many run their schedule at 80%+ so i would be careful with that schedule.

I would disable acclimation mode, choose the overall intensity you want to run with, say 60% as a good ballpark level, then adjust your points throughout the day to the colours you choose, intensity will slightly change depending on colour points.

I only touch point intensity if say you want a 1 hour peak in the day at 10% more power than the rest of the day. Otherwise, the other all scheudle intensity takes care of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%

Back