Radium bulbs

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as Hamilton produces them, they will be available. I don't think they will be banned, ever. And I think Hamilton will keep producing them for years to come. There is demand from the public aquarium sphere. This is all my opinion, without doing any "research" on the subject. I just switched from 7 years of LEDs back to halides. And I'll just ride halides as long as they are available. Hopefully for many many years to come.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your responses! I know it’s a difficult question for no one knows the future. The led/MH discussion has been very in-depth discussed before. I’ve had great results before with halides and like the results they provide. I know ALOT of people who love LEDs and swear by them with great results. Not bashing or even want to start that discussion. I was curious what people thought about bulb replacement availability in the future. Just curious what people felt was the probable?
No worries. Don't feel bad.
You had your priorities laid in the first post. Some times people want to help in a different way. I'm glad you like your halides and know what you want.
If you need some Radium bulbs, now you know Hamilton just got some in stock for you directly from Germany.

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"As one of the few remaining manufacturers of traditional lamps and equipped with decades of experience in the field of lighting, Radium offers the perfect conditions to scale the business sustainably and to occupy new business fields.

These are times of change – for Radium Lampenwerk GmbH, our partners like electric wholesalers and the whole market as well. The long-lasting principle of lamp and luminaire is challenged progressively every day and will be replaced by complete and complex LED solutions increasingly. So, it must still be our task in the future to anticipate change and transformation and approach these proactively. This is the only way to open up new sales possibilities, make professional and innovative products and offer personal service to you – our customers."

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"ASC will continue and strengthen the existing business areas together with the Radium Management Team: Production, sales of lamps and professional lighting solutions gain new momentum e.g. by expanding the LED portfolio. So, Radium is already recording LED growth of around 53% compared to the previous year - despite the negative effects of Covid-19. For the growing business areas in the areas of technical light, LED components and LED luminaires, Radium will increasingly focus on local value creation and development - Made in Germany. Further, more and additional means shall be invested in the digitization of the company, the products and the processes."

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"ASC will continue and strengthen the existing business areas together with the Radium Management Team: Production, sales of lamps and professional lighting solutions gain new momentum e.g. by expanding the LED portfolio. So, Radium is already recording LED growth of around 53% compared to the previous year - despite the negative effects of Covid-19. For the growing business areas in the areas of technical light, LED components and LED luminaires, Radium will increasingly focus on local value creation and development - Made in Germany. Further, more and additional means shall be invested in the digitization of the company, the products and the processes."
Exactly

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No worries. Don't feel bad.
You had your priorities laid in the first post. Some times people want to help in a different way. I'm glad you like your halides and know what you want.
If you need some Radium bulbs, now you know Hamilton just got some in stock for you directly from Germany.
NO one said there was a ban now lol. I said there was a pending ban - Sept 2021. Go ahead - Look at Hamilton's website - where they are going. You seem to be pushing a false or at least misleading narrative. People want to get away from Halide and fluorescent bulbs. Thats clear. Tomorrow - Probably not.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUT on the bright side.
‘4. “special purpose lamp” means a lamp that uses the technologies covered by this Regulation but is intended for
use in special applications because of its technical parameters as described in the technical documentation.
Special applications are those that require technical parameters not necessary for the purposes of lighting
average scenes or objects in average circumstances. These applications are of the following types:
(a) applications where the primary purpose of the light is not lighting, such as
(i) emission of light as an agent in chemical or biological processes (such as polymerisation, ultraviolet
light used for curing/drying/hardening, photodynamic therapy, horticulture, pet care, anti-insect
products);

Company will decide if it's worth it really .
"Pet lights fall in a sort of grey area.
IF the below applies then it is only a matter of " if" a replacement is err deemed a replacement
"Exemptions from the requirements set out in this Regulation should be made for light sources with special tech-
nical features for use in specific applications, including those related to health and safety, and for which higher
energy efficiency alternatives are not available or not cost-effective."

Afaict a "20000k" lamp is becoming replaceable. I e. Nothing special....

Interesting.

Chinese will always make some crp though.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've sent an email to Radium, located in Germany, asking specifically about any possibilities of stopping the production of their aquarium metal halide bulbs (250W and 400W, 20000K) and here is the answer:

"Dear Sir,

thanks for this inquiry, there is no sign, that Radium will stop with these aquarium lamps,

these items are still active.

Best regards

Holger Goedtke / Export Deptm.

Best regards / Meilleures Salutations / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Holger Gödtke

Radium Lampenwerk GmbH
Radium Export
Dr.-Eugen-Kersting-Straße 6
51688 Wipperfürth
Internet: www.radium.de
Radium Lampenwerk GmbH, Sitz: Wipperfürth
Geschäftsführer: Jörn Krieger