Radon system

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a radon system and the sump in my basement is sealed. Does anyone know if it’s possible to plumb a drain hose in it from a dehumidifier?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert on this by any means, but the only radon system I've seen is a simple fan used to exhaust internal air and bring in fresh air. Not sure why you'd want to plumb a condensate drain to that.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert on this by any means, but the only radon system I've seen is a simple fan used to exhaust internal air and bring in fresh air. Not sure why you'd want to plumb a condensate drain to that.
Well my sump pit has a sump pump in it. Not sure of the inner workings of the radon system, but they put a cap over the sump pit and sealed in with silicone. I was thinking about drilling through the cap and dropping a hose from the dehumidifier in it. Just not sure if that’s a good idea.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no floor drain. The only drain in the basement is a sump pit. I didn’t install the radon system, the previous owners did but it was surely done after the house was built.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no floor drain. The only drain in the basement is a sump pit. I didn’t install the radon system, the previous owners did but it was surely done after the house was built.

When my house was built the drain for the AC was plumbed to the sump pit.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the pit is sealed how does water get into it? You could add a drain into it but you would have to use a plumbing trap and make sure it always had water in it so gas doesn't escape through it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back