Random Flow Generators & Random Flow in Your Reef Tank

BRS

Do you use a random flow generator device in your reef aquarium?

• YES

Votes: 207 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 141 38.6%
  • Kinda (please explain)

Votes: 17 4.7%

• Total voters

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I did on my previous system and loved them. Want to use them on my current system but they don't sell 2 inch, 2 1/4, and 2 1/2 ones which are the sizes I require. I wish they or someone else would though.
We do have a Prototype of a 4in Random Flow Generator that we made for a local public aquarium - its a monster nozzle

20220806_095629.jpg

This one was tuned for a 150GPM, and the results where stunning in a 16K body of water. I wish I could show the video, but they asked that i didn't share it publicly.

Our larger production models (1.25, 1.5 and 2in) can handle and convert a ton of flow. You can see a video we made a few years back using an Abyzz A400 where we tested each of the larger sizes

Depending on the amount of flow you can supply the outlets, it may be advantageous to reduce them down right at the outlet. For the best results you want to meet or exceed the suggested Optimal Flow rating for each RFG.

I would be interested to see your needed application, if you have sometime - give me (Antonio) a call and lets discuss it.

1-623-233-6908

beesnreefs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This will work,. but may not give you much in the way of adjustable, sicne it's just the slip-Fit drop adatper and the RFG. You may want to add a few segments of 3/4in Loc-Line between the adapter and the RFG to give you some adjustability.

Another option for the larger G2 Red Sea Reefers is to your our CADE flow kits. Those kits come with a 25mmm Pipe adapter (what you need fro the Reefer Series) and a single RFG. The kits are available in two sizes - 3/4in RFG and 1in RFG.

Thanks!

So, @Vivid Creative Aquatics, my set of 3/4in RFG Nozzle With Red Sea Reefer Slip-Fit-Drop Adapter arrived and I went to install them. They fit “tight-ish” on the return pipes coming out my overflow…but not tight enough to stay on with the pumps running.

Suggestions?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks!

So, @Vivid Creative Aquatics, my set of 3/4in RFG Nozzle With Red Sea Reefer Slip-Fit-Drop Adapter arrived and I went to install them. They fit “tight-ish” on the return pipes coming out my overflow…but not tight enough to stay on with the pumps running.

Suggestions?
Yeah - those slip-fit drops are not really design for high-flow applications. Those 25mm to 3/4in usually get used in freshwater applications or on smaller tank with smaller return pumps. My guess is it; just too much flow given the double 90deg bend those slip-fits drops have to make.

You can try a bit a templon tape to see if you can get them fit a little tighter. I think the best bet would be to have you exchange those for the proper flow kits for that tank.

Shoot us a DM and we'll well help you get this taken care of tomorrow.

BRS

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 277 55.6%
  • Android Device

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 56 11.2%
Kessil