Reason for price increases recently?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the Kamoer dosing pumps have increased price by 15% both on Saltwateraquarium.com and at BRS. Some other random products such as the eshopps tanklimate have also increased. Is there a reason for these recent price increases?

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything costs more to import these days. For example the ocean freight from China to Los angels cost $1500 2 years ago and now can run over $10k. I’ve seen quotes of $30k for one container. Plus material cost inflation is rampant all over the place in manufacturing countries. I’m surprised inflation isn’t worse.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recent global supply shortages are affecting the majority of American businesses. There are supply chain delays and the unpredictability of when stock will next be received is causing many to increase prices to compensate for having less product available.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I figured, just wasn't sure if it was like a permanent price hike. I'm sure once things stabilize again in a few years, it will hopefully be back to some normalcy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Supplies for many industry product low not to mentioned recent shipping increases with all three major carriers

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Covid, lol.
All the freight sitting off shore gives them reasons to charge more and it wont come down after, if their is ever an after.
Went to the post office to mail an overnight letter. Price was up 30% and the postal clerk said its just for the holidays. When was the last time postage or shipping decreased.

I also dont buy the global chip shortage bs.
Auto manufacturing companies are using old outdated chips no one wants to make.
And yes Covid has caused issues but in the end its an excuse to raise prices.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Covid, lol.
All the freight sitting off shore gives them reasons to charge more and it wont come down after, if their is ever an after.
Went to the post office to mail an overnight letter. Price was up 30% and the postal clerk said its just for the holidays. When was the last time postage or shipping decreased.

I also dont buy the global chip shortage bs.
Auto manufacturing companies are using old outdated chips no one wants to make.
And yes Covid has caused issues but in the end its an excuse to raise prices.
We’re really only seeing a fraction of the price Increases to costs companies are paying because they expect this to be temporary. But it is real and if it doesn’t get better you’ll see much higher prices soon. I wish it was just an excuse.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you print and give out free money prices go up.... anytime you incentive not working prices go up.... it is the way of economics when governments try to give away free money, happens everytime it has ever happened in history.

From Forbes:
Sure, the economy is doing well, but it is largely due to the excessive spending in Washington. If you put enough money into the hands of consumers, coupled with the stress of the pandemic, they will spend. This has caused an increase in demand, which has served to push inflation higher. If the government continues to spend at the same rate, and the supply chain problems persist, inflation will continue to rise. The Federal Reserve is another, albeit secondary player cause of the recent inflationary spike.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or think of it this way
The more money that is printed and sent out the less each dollar is worth.
The value of a thing like a gallon of milk doesn't change much. What changes is the value of your money and it's ability to buy the thing.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I figured, just wasn't sure if it was like a permanent price hike. I'm sure once things stabilize again in a few years, it will hopefully be back to some normalcy
Let's hope but I don't know if that will happen. People are paying higher prices because they have to and retailers know it. If/when things get back to normal (meaning lower cost of shipping, lower cost of parts, etc.) it will take at least one retailer to lower their prices to start to force everyone to do it. If costs do decrease there's more profit for retailers to keep their prices high. I'm really afraid this might be the new world order. :-( Maybe more wholesale to public shops will start popping up to help ease the cost burden.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is all happening because retailers
LOL

The most interesting time in a retailers life. When you may have to pay more for stock to replace your goods than you can sell it for right now.

What to do, what to do?

Quite interestingly, taxes which are based on a percentage of the sale price automatically increase as prices rise.
So prices rise and taxes rise
but your income stays about the same.

Last edited:

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elections have consequences.
Not applicable to this discussion. Both parties have shown they are quite willing to print more money. The only difference is who it is given too. That doesn't change what it does to prices.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back