Rebuild 75 Rimless After Disaster

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by oneilwiz, May 22, 2017.

1. oneilwiz

oneilwiz Active Member

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their tanks and having lots of success. As some of you have already known, I recently had a tank crash. Long story short, I went overseas for burial of a relative and came back to a tank which the sump ran out of water causing my return pump to burn up. From their everything went south. More details here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/when-disaster-strikes-it-strikes.296162/

This has set me back big time but also gave me the opportunity to restart and fix some things I always wanted to. The few changes are in terms of equipment upgrades. I wanted to replace the stand but that would be starting all over from scratch. I have implemented a couple of fail safe such as having my skimmer shut off once the waste collector is full.

Equipment:
    · Return Pump: Vectra M1

· Plumbing: Chiller feeding from Vectra

· Control: switch Ecotech Radions and Vortech Pumps to Reeflink

· Flow: upgraded existing MP40 to QD

· Dosing: GHL Doser 2.1 ( replaced old Dosing Pumps)

· Skim Waste Collector: Avast Davy Jones’ Skimmate Locker with Apex digital switch

I decided to stick with a Soft coral or easy coral dominated tank instead of going for the more expensive route of SPS corals. I will slowly restock the tank as some of the corals I thought were dead are making a comeback.

Livestock:

· 3 Anthias

· 1 Melanurus Wrasse

· 2 Clowns

· 1 Flame Angel

· 1 Green Chromis

· 1 Flame Hawkfish

Quarantine| Frag Tank

Since I never really quarantine neither fishes or corals I decided to make things right this time (I think). I plan to keep frags in this tank since I will only add two more fish to the main display, I will keep a low Bio load this time. I will eventually convert the QT tank to Frag tank after I make my mind up.

Since I will be leaving once again (praying nothing happens) for four days when I return I will decide what livestock I will add to the QT 1st. I always wanted a Purple Tang or Power Blue. The tank is already cycled and ready as the water and filter comes from the main display. I need to replace my plumbing as well as do proper cable management.
    Setup:

· 20 Gallon Aqueon Aquarium

· Cheap knock down stand

· Light: Kessil A160W LED Tuna Blue

· Flow: Ecotech MP10W (old pump)

· Heater: Aqueon Heater

· Filter Aqueon Power Filter ( Old)

· ATO: Old JBJ ATO

20170521_150918.jpg

20170521_150935.jpg

20170521_151040.jpg

20170521_151156.jpg