Don Capalchey

Don Capalchey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801090

Faaaar from the only one, looks like these things can last years if settled..

New ones are a major risk, all throughout this link are people with similar story’s..
I shoulda asked some of these guys for help to..Don’t put all your eggs in one basket,haha that’s another lesson I guess the carpet taught me..

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801090

Faaaar from the only one, looks like these things can last years if settled..

New ones are a major risk, all throughout this link are people with similar story’s..
I shoulda asked some of these guys for help to..Don’t put all your eggs in one basket,haha that’s another lesson I guess the carpet taught me..

Yes, that's what we told you. That new ones should be treated, and properly acclimated. And yeah they can last years, they can live over 100 years, we've had two at our facility for 14 years now. You're right that you're far from the only one, but everything that's been said is true. Notice how no one else is still commenting? You got all condescending and insulting again after you asked what went wrong and everyone finally voiced their frustrations with this entire thread. We had a common suggestion for what needed done that all the experts agreed upon and you ignored it. Don't be upset at us about that. I truly am sorry for what's happened. Try to be more quick to act and receptive to suggestions. But for now, I'm also done with all this, I wish you luck and the best, I truly do.

OP
OP
Don Capalchey

Don Capalchey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at this point I changed the water of the hospital tank. There is very little red, maybe 15% or so..

Thanks to all Whom helped !!
Those that where condescending I was only being defensive towards them.

Sadly unless y’all know of some awesome fragging trick, where I can just cut this thing up like my Bounce shrooms PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Realistically..

It will slowly wither, no need for me to update. I may update this far in the future. Hopefully better off.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I know of to frag a nem is to slice the mouth in 2. Separate the lips. I would definitely ask others about this tho.

True, with a lot they can be easily cut in half. But even with the healthiest carpet anemones, success with cutting is slim to none. This one is already dead.

OP
OP
Don Capalchey

Don Capalchey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, with a lot they can be easily cut in half. But even with the healthiest carpet anemones, success with cutting is slim to none. This one is already dead.

Well like I said there is red ther.. I am just sorta surprised this creature has no asexual form of reproduction, being so similar to Maxi Carpets, RBTA.. In that both have feet and have mushroom like bodies..An reproduce through tearing itself in two...

Can’t deny its dying soon to be dead.: But only if a way to save his legacy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back