Red Sea 90 LED connection issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter talon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

talon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Messages
68
Reaction score
17
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am having issues getting my lights to stay connected to the network. I reached out to Red Sea and they are suggesting creating a new 2.4 network. I am trying to understand if they are suggesting I buy a new router or what. Has anyone else had experience with this? I am very frustrated they loose connection multiple times a week and when I am not home I have no way to fix it. The best I can do is keep unplugging them until somehow they decide to reconnect.
 
I am having issues getting my lights to stay connected to the network. I reached out to Red Sea and they are suggesting creating a new 2.4 network. I am trying to understand if they are suggesting I buy a new router or what. Has anyone else had experience with this? I am very frustrated they loose connection multiple times a week and when I am not home I have no way to fix it. The best I can do is keep unplugging them until somehow they decide to reconnect.
Hi there, I just found this thread as I’m having the exact same issue.
It just disconnects every week, and I have to completely delete the aquarium and re-create it. It is driving me nuts.
Did you end up resolving your issue?
 
Have either of you tried restarting your router when this happens? It may save you setting things up every time.

I have a pair of ReefLed 90's as well as the 4 head ReefDose. The lights have always been reliable but the doser used to drop out all the time. I'm sure that the wifi signal just wasn't strong enough to get round the cabinet. When I put a booster in the same room as the tank it solved every connection issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new